RAJ
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What are differences between Brezhnev’s War and Group of Soviet Forces Germany?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've read, BW adds Warsaw Pact allies which were omitted from GSFG due to the counter limitations of magazine-format games. I believe there is also some added map area.

I was very tempted by BW, and like to support Compass, but the differences didn't seem enough to me to justify spending my limited gaming funds on BW since I own GSFG.

BW does seem to be a very nice product, and if I didn't have GSFG, I would have bought a copy.

Edit: Thanks to a clearance sale, I now have a copy on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua O'Connor
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
From what I've read, BW adds Warsaw Pact allies which were omitted from GSFG due to the counter limitations of magazine-format games. I believe there is also some added map area.

I was very tempted by BW, and like to support Compass, but the differences didn't seem enough to me to justify spending my limited gaming funds on BW since I own GSFG.

BW does seem to be a very nice product, and if I didn't have GSFG, I would have bought a copy.

Edit: Thanks to a clearance sale, I now have a copy on the way.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.