Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Infantry units in square cannot disengage or move. If they fail a morale check, they are eliminated.

My questions are:

- Can a infantry unit in square retreat (rule 7.0) back to the map?

- What happens to infantry units in square if their side suffer a rout (rule 7.4)? Do they suffer rout attrition like other units, or are they eliminated?

Thanks!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wild
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing solo and I was under the impression that breaking a square was required first before you could retreat to the map. I also played rout rules were applied to the whole army--that is everyone ran away so they took the step loss (and often eliminated) and then the road rules applied too. But I have so far only read the rules and played solo for a partial game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answers to my questions kindly sent to me from Columbia Games:

Q: Can a infantry unit in square retreat (rule 7.0) back to the map?
A: NO. Units must first "break square" for one battle move, and may then retreat on their next battle turn.

Q: What happens to infantry units in square if their side suffer a rout (rule 7.4)? Do they suffer rout attrition like other units, or are they eliminated?
A: All units routed in square are eliminated.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.