Hide
4 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » General

Subject: Difference between the starting teams ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Esben Johansen
msg tools
Hey guys - I recently have gotten into baseball highlights and I love it!

I haven't had that many games yet, but I was wondering if there are any clear difference between the pros and cons of each of the starting teams?

E.g. Los Angeles has great offense, while Boston is strong defensively (just an example).

I have played some games with some of the different starting teams and they definetly feel different, I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact difference between them.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are all very different. Someone posted a file on here a while ago that outlines each of the starting cards. I'd go see if that's out there. There are definitely some teams I like playing with and some I do not (like Washington, for example). You gotta play with them to get a feel for what they do. I don't think any of them are over/under powered. Whether you like them or not will come down to your preferred play style.

EDIT: Here's the file...

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/133664/all-starter-teams-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's 3 unique cards on each starting team so just extract those 3 for all 4 teams and compare them and you can see where the differences are pretty easily.

San Francisco stands out for me as a great team. There's a clutch double in there that I think is one of the most powerful cards in the game. Play him and he clears the bases and there's no real defense against it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The five veterans on each starter team are unique.
The 10 rookies on each team are the same.

If you want to change things up, you can do a draft of the veterans - shuffle the 20 base game veterans, then deal 5 to each player, pick one and pass till all have 5 veterans.

Enjoy!

Go Wiffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.