Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to pull 2 Crossfire cards and resolve them.

First I pulled Focused Combat (current runner can apply damage only to obstacles facing them), then I pulled Grenades (Street Samurai chooses a runner, deals 2 damage and deal 2 level damage to each obstacle facing the runner).

Trying to see if the street samurai can apply that to the other runner and still deal damage.

I believe i was able to talk myself into a Yes. My first thoughts was a no, but only because I drew Focused Combat first. If I had drew Grenade first, I could. I just changed it to a yes, because the first thing you do is draw the crossfire card, then players take turns, thus there is no 'current runner' yet.

Sound logic or wishful thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
Unimpressed wrote:

First I pulled Focused Combat (current runner can apply damage only to obstacles facing them), then I pulled Grenades (Street Samurai chooses a runner, deals 2 damage and deal 2 level damage to each obstacle facing the runner).

Trying to see if the street samurai can apply that to the other runner and still deal damage.

I believe i was able to talk myself into a Yes. My first thoughts was a no, but only because I drew Focused Combat first. If I had drew Grenade first, I could. I just changed it to a yes, because the first thing you do is draw the crossfire card, then players take turns, thus there is no 'current runner' yet.

For what it is worth I'd agree. For me, Focused Combat's reference to 'apply damage' refers to the Apply Damage phase of a runner's turn. With Grenade, the Crossfire card is the thing applying the damage, not the Street Sam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishful I am afraid. Had you drawn them in the other order you would be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unimpressed wrote:

Crossfire card is doing the damage, not the SS.

Applying damage is a step in a Player's turn where they apply cards in the damage pool to targets.

I think you're fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Wishful I am afraid. Had you drawn them in the other order you would be fine.

As others have, can you logic this out for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pufky
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unimpressed wrote:

That would be my interpretation as well. When crossfire cards are drawn, there is no current runner. The starting player doesn't become the current runner until crossfire event cards are resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.