Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Cortnik
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I have three fives down and my opponent has two fives down. Since the best he can do is tie me, and since he would play the last card, can I claim the flag on my next turn or do I have to wait for him to place the third card down? I know you can claim by proving open information, but in this case, does my opponent get a chance to play the other 5? I hope this is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to wait for him to play a third 5, you can claim it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indenture Forlife
msg tools
mbmbmb
I disagree. How could you claim the flag if it is possible for your opponent to tie you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indenture wrote:
I disagree. How could you claim the flag if it is possible for your opponent to tie you?
Because in case of a tie the flag will go to the player who did not play the last card.

I don't have the rules in front of me to double check, but I agree with Brodie that a flag can be claimed if it can be shown that your opponent cannot beat your formation (tactics cards are ignored for this purpose)

Note that this includes the case where a flag can be claimed without your opponent playing a single card; All you need is a colour matched 8-9-10.
Of course your opponent should at least dump a card there as soon as they see that coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about this myself, but found the answer in the rules. If the battlefield would be tied, the person who plays last loses the battlefield...so in this example, the OP can prove the other player cannot win the battle filed, only tie him and lose it. The Rules copy i have is the Roland's Revenge Edition.

For some reason I had thought this rule was opposite, where the last person to place on a tied battlefield wins it. The correct rule makes far more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indenture wrote:

Before you disagree, you might want to reread the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.