Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pixie Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Permanent Ability + Bonus Points when there are no more reward tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ole Heide
Germany
Darmstadt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tuesday we played this game and in the 6th round we had the situation, that all rewardtiles for forging golden rings were taken. One player had the permanent Ability to get two bonuspoints for every forged ring.

Can a player forge golden rings after all rewardtiles for golden rings were taken?
Does a player with the permanent ability of 2 bonuspoints for every forged ring still gets the bonuspoints for forged rings allthough there are no rewardtiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Berelon wrote:
Tuesday we played this game and in the 6th round we had the situation, that all rewardtiles for forging golden rings were taken. One player had the permanent Ability to get two bonuspoints for every forged ring.

Can a player forge golden rings after all rewardtiles for golden rings were taken?
Does a player with the permanent ability of 2 bonuspoints for every forged ring still gets the bonuspoints for forged rings allthough there are no rewardtiles?

Quote:
The game ends when one of the following conditions is met:
- All Reward Tiles with golden numbers are taken (3 times 5
Tiles), OR
- Seven rounds have been played as indicated by the Round
Tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henk Allaert
Belgium
Dadizele
flag msg tools
mbmb
@Bernhard : it seems not all 3 type of tiles were exhausted yet, only the rings.

I would think if you can no longer forge the rings, you can not earn the 2 bonus points. That's how I would play it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Game Brewer
msg tools
publisher
Berelon wrote:

I've talked to the Queen and she said:

"More rings! More rings! More rings for me!"

In all seriousness, it is allowed to take the "forge a ring" action (if you have the gold to pay for it). You can do so even if all golden ring scoring tiles are gone. In that case, a player gets zero points, but if that player has the relevant Permanent Ability tile, that player does get the two bonus points.

This has been confirmed by the designer, Rudy.

Edit: thematically, it's like this:

You can forge rings, and the queen is always willing to accept rings. But it's the eight time today a pixie has given her a ring, and since the queen has become bored with all these rings (she grows bored quite quickly), you won't get any points for them.

If you have the ability tile "+2 points when forging rings", that represents the fact that you're a sweet talker, and you'll come up with a story why your rings are more special. And you'll still get 2 points, not for your boring ring, but for your sweet talking that comes with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Game Brewer wrote:
Berelon wrote:

I've talked to the Queen and she said:

"More rings! More rings! More rings for me!"

In all seriousness, it is allowed to take the "forge a ring" action (if you have the gold to pay for it). You can do so even if all golden ring scoring tiles are gone. In that case, a player gets zero points, but if that player has the relevant Permanent Ability tile, that player does get the two bonus points.

This has been confirmed by the designer, Rudy.

Edit: thematically, it's like this:

You can forge rings, and the queen is always willing to accept rings. But it's the eight time today a pixie has given her a ring, and since the queen has become bored with all these rings (she grows bored quite quickly), you won't get any points for them.

If you have the ability tile "+2 points when forging rings", that represents the fact that you're a sweet talker, and you'll come up with a story why your rings are more special. And you'll still get 2 points, not for your boring ring, but for your sweet talking that comes with it.

plus, she's out of fingers to put them on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Heide
Germany
Darmstadt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much for the clarification Kevin :-)

@Desirée: a Queen can wear more rings than one on a finger :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Motto
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another related question: what happens if all rhe "Extra reward tiles" have already been taken?
There are only 10, awarding 1VP and 2VP, and if many players climb the Gold and the Silver ladder thay may probably run out quickly.

IMHO, in this case there are 3 possibilities:
1- Simply, you don't get a reward tile
2- Or, you walk the "whip street" Forward
3- or finally, you take something in sostitution (i.e. a gold bar).

Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfPrunes wrote:
Another related question: what happens if all rhe "Extra reward tiles" have already been taken?
There are only 10, awarding 1VP and 2VP, and if many players climb the Gold and the Silver ladder thay may probably run out quickly.

IMHO, in this case there are 3 possibilities:
1- Simply, you don't get a reward tile
2- Or, you walk the "whip street" Forward
3- or finally, you take something in sostitution (i.e. a gold bar).

Suggestions?

As we played the tracks wrong the first time, you can only climb up one step at a time, independent of how much gold/silver you spent. The player who offered the most can climb one extra step.

As there are 7 steps per track and 7 rounds, a player without competition can reach the top in round 4 (2 steps each time), then gaining VP tiles for the track in the following reward phases (4x 1 or 2VP tiles).

I think it's still possible you can run out of the tiles as there's also an action you can take to move up 1 step on one track. However, the depletion of the tiles might not happen in every game...
(Back to your question)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.