Subject: Minecart Card storage question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just scored a Minecart pledge in a trade and soon will undertake the herculean task of organizing, assembling and painting.

I plan to make a card holder like this https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1272296/foam-core-card-hold...
but need to know approximately how many slots will be needed to sort and organize an entire Minecart's set of cards.

Thanking you very appreciatively in advance!
-Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or even exactly how many different card types there will be, even better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an entire card manifest somewhere in the forums. Happy digging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
It took me two weeks solid every day after work to assemble all of my Minecart miniatures.. lol
As far as card storage goes I have made these little trays... one for each otherworld so I can grab out the cards ready to play on the fly as my posse discovers the worlds.
The empty space in the bottom half is going to be a token well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.J.
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that. I was thinking of doing something similar since my minis are going to be mostly broken up by world, too. Then when we hit the world, I'd just pull that storage box with all the minis, cards, and tokens needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gustafsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Might I recommend getting a couple of tackle boxes for all the tokens? You can even label them all nice and pretty.
Mind you, I only have the stuff available at retail, but so far it's been working very well. Can provide some pictures once I get home from work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maniacpoodle wrote:
Might I recommend getting a couple of tackle boxes for all the tokens? You can even label them all nice and pretty.
Mind you, I only have the stuff available at retail, but so far it's been working very well. Can provide some pictures once I get home from work.

I used three Plano boxes for all the tokens (Flambeau ArtBin 5004AB). Will probably need a fourth once Forbidden Fortress arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gustafsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
Maniacpoodle wrote:

I used three Plano boxes for all the tokens (Flambeau ArtBin 5004AB). Will probably need a fourth once Forbidden Fortress arrives.

Looks pretty much exactly like what I have, except fancier! I got mine from a low-price hardware store. (Measurements are 35x22 cm)

Have reserved some space for when Blasted Wastes releases. Also have a separate box for money tokens/poker chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
M 121 wrote:
I like that. I was thinking of doing something similar since my minis are going to be mostly broken up by world, too. Then when we hit the world, I'd just pull that storage box with all the minis, cards, and tokens needed.

Exactly .. also I don't introduce the low-medium-high-epic threat cards from the expansions into the core set deck until the particular otherworld that they belong to is discovered for the first time.
Kind of like once you have intruded into their world, now they know your world exists so they come looking for you. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.J.
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
Maniacpoodle wrote:

I'm currently using the same boxes I use for the minis since they are stackable. 4L or 9L Really Useful Boxes with the US Hobby Tray inserts (they hold 2 and 4 trays respectively). The most common tokens are in screw/stackable bead containers (easy to pass around the large table if needed). It's really handy having pretty much the whole game in a single style box. My map tile box is a larger file box (also a Really Useful Box) so I just keep that one on the bottom when not in use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.