Bolt Action» Forums » Rules

Subject: US airstrike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Elms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the US get 2 air strikes per air force forward observer and if they take 2 they will get a total of 4 air strikes!!

But what happens if the plane is delayed?

Turn 1: call in air strike
start of turn 2 roll to see what happens and the plane is delayed, so I re-target the first air strike.
Turn 2: Can I now call in a new air strike against a new target so have 2 markers on the table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dutchelms wrote:
So the US get 2 air strikes per air force forward observer and if they take 2 they will get a total of 4 air strikes!!

No, because you can only have 0-1 Forward Observer (either Artillery or Air).

dutchelms wrote:
But what happens if the plane is delayed?

Turn 1: call in air strike
start of turn 2 roll to see what happens and the plane is delayed, so I re-target the first air strike.
Turn 2: Can I now call in a new air strike against a new target so have 2 markers on the table?

The first airstrike has to be completed before you can call in another one. If the first one is delayed, its delayed. You cannot call in a second one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Elms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, is this written down anywhere? And I meant to get a 2nd observer you would have to take a 2nd platoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dutchelms wrote:
Thanks for the reply, is this written down anywhere?

In one of the official FAQs.

dutchelms wrote:
And I meant to get a 2nd observer you would have to take a 2nd platoon.

For those bigger 2,000 to 3,000 point games, than each observer can call in their own airstrike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.