J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So apparently the administration has decided to back out of the six-nation agreement on the Islamic Republic of Iran's nuclear weapons program, and try to negotiate a broad, holistic approach that encompasses all the threats posed by the IR.

Yeah, that ain't gonna work.....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/politics/h-r-mcmaster-donald-t...

But Bibi will love Mistah Trump, and that's the important thing, right? I mean, getting rid of UN inspectors that check out Iran's nuke program is worth it, because ... why again?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tama
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocket man is a rad nickname. Good branding for Un.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Lineal
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
Avatar
mb
Yeah, right in time to give Iranian hardliners more ammo against the increased popular demands for openness. Well done.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the more telling parts of the article

Quote:
Trump said Wednesday he has decided how he is going to proceed on the Iran nuclear deal struck by the Obama administration that he has long derided.
"Well, I have decided," Trump told reporters who pressed him for an answer before they were escorted out of his meeting with Mahmoud Abbas, the president of the Palestinian Authority.
Quote:
Trump, however, declined to disclose his decision, teasing to a future date.

"I'll let you know what the decision is," Trump said, smiling.


It would be nice if we had a leader that did not treat issues like nuclear proliferation like a reality tv show. But hey: "Uranium Deals"
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Last week I was reasonably hopeful that Trump wasn't quite crazy enough to plunge us into war. . .
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
Last week I was reasonably hopeful that Trump wasn't quite crazy enough to plunge us into war. . .


We're finding out, in real time, whether a superpower can be led by an ethos of "blind, incompetent spite".
8 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The US doesn't get to unilaterally reestablish embargoes and expect the rest of the world to fall in line.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
The US doesn't get to unilaterally reestablish embargoes and expect the rest of the world to fall in line.


Wonder if anyone apprised him of that fact. Knowing the lackeys around him, I have a feeling the answer to that would be "no".
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulling out of all these deals is going to negatively affect our trustworthiness and reliability world-wide for decades. I can't see how anyone would ever trust us again to keep our word.

Of course, this is par for the course for Donald Trump. He reneges on deals all the time. It's a true wonder he has any credibility left in the business world. Maybe that says more about the people that deal with him than Trump himself - greedy and/or stupid. He was also doing more and more international business as his domestic bridge burning was coming back to haunt him.

I truly hope he's tanking his own international credibility at the same time as he tanks the nation's.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Obama.

shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
So apparently the administration has decided to back out of the six-nation agreement on the Islamic Republic of Iran's nuclear weapons program, and try to negotiate a broad, holistic approach that encompasses all the threats posed by the IR.

Yeah, that ain't gonna work.....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/politics/h-r-mcmaster-donald-t...

But Bibi will love Mistah Trump, and that's the important thing, right? I mean, getting rid of UN inspectors that check out Iran's nuke program is worth it, because ... why again?

Bibi is playing politician like he always does. If flattery is what is needed to try to get Trump to play ball, Bibi will kick his arse. Your American fixation with our PM can be a bit much.

What Bibi does is wheel and deal with anybody. If we had a better candidate everyone could agree on, he'd have been out on his ear years ago. As much as you folks hate on him, our powers that be only care that he seems quietly behind the scenes to get things done while publicly putting on the show Americans and Europeans demand of him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone should really sit down and explain to Trump, that if he pulls out of this deal, then Iran is not obligated to come to any negotiating table at all. Laughs, I am not sure Trump understands this. Or somehow, he is under the delusion that if he backs out, they will be hot to talk to us about everything Trump wants, because, hey , we're the U.S.A., right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
whac3 wrote:
As much as you folks hate on him, our powers that be only care that he seems quietly behind the scenes to get things done while publicly putting on the show Americans and Europeans demand of him.


I wouldn't care... your country, your leaders and all that. But he seems determined to pull the US into war with Iran. Fuck that. If you guys want to go to war, leave us out of it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
whac3 wrote:
As much as you folks hate on him, our powers that be only care that he seems quietly behind the scenes to get things done while publicly putting on the show Americans and Europeans demand of him.


I wouldn't care... your country, your leaders and all that. But he seems determined to pull the US into war with Iran. Fuck that. If you guys want to go to war, leave us out of it.

LOL
Wait. You say that while having Trump and our PM gets re-elected even though nobody likes him because he's brokered more working peaceful relations with countries in and around this region than anyone ever previously.
LOL

OMG The ignorance is palpable. I know Americans love to paint Bibi as a warmonger but the damned facts won't cooperate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.