Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. I know I've got the characters, but I don't know if I have the baddies already.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Undertow does not include any content from the base game (nor does it include the expansion characters Ghillie, Tink, or Nugget). It is a stand alone expansion with two new Gearlocs
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Stanza and Duster
, a new battle mat, and new Baddies.

Edit: Also, just to be clear, Too Many Bones does not have any Kickstarter exclusives, and Undertow won't either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. That sentence about "1 -2 players, but bring" characters to add to 4 is where I got confused.

Is this going to kickstart or just realease?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Kickstart. It's scheduled for October 17th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windmilling wrote:
Got it. That sentence about "1 -2 players, but bring" characters to add to 4 is where I got confused.

Is this going to kickstart or just realease?

That statement speaks more to compatibility with the original TMB. All Gearloc characters can be used in either game allowing up to four players to play Undertow, just not out of the box. TMB and Undertow are backwards and forwards compatible as far as characters are concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arcnarenth wrote:
Windmilling wrote:

That statement speaks more to compatibility with the original TMB. All Gearloc characters can be used in either game allowing up to four players to play Undertow, just not out of the box. TMB and Undertow are backwards and forwards compatible as far as characters are concerned.

Yeah, I figured it out when I went back and re-read it. Once I did, it all made sense. It's not a bad sentence, but somehow got mixed up in meaning in my head as I was reading it. Probably misread a word or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Toth

Clovis
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas what the price point will be on this kick starter, I need to prepare my bank account for the hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eltopo1980 wrote:
Any ideas what the price point will be on this kick starter, I need to prepare my bank account for the hit.

There hasn't been any official word yet, although the recent Triplock Kickstarter update from September 14th included the following quote:

Quote:
If the price of TMB scared you off, we're aiming to make Undertow a nice and affordable way to dip your toe in the water (pun intended). Two Gearlocs and a full set of Tyrants, Encounters, and Baddies to play against in the box, all for just a little more than you'd pay for two individual expansion Gearlocs.

That puts the price point somewhere above $49.90 USD. No idea how much "a little more" means, but hopefully it won't be too much higher than that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
They're doing a tease on their Facebook page, and we're down from "Less than 99" to "Less than 69." (It is an assumption on my part that this refers to price, but I think it's a pretty good assumption.) I think something in the $50 range is a pretty good guess for where it will end up. (I'll be thrilled with that. Of course, this being CTG, there will be extra goodies to buy which I will be a total sucker for, but still. A $50-ish base is good.)

Edit: Spoke too soon. The KS price is $68, MRSP is $85.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.