Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 9.3 has this to say-

Quote:
As per the rules for Action draws, the minimum draw is always one card.

The only rules I see covering action draws are in section 1.2.2 F. This section doesn't mention a minimum of 1. Is there another section I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Rule 9.3 has this to say-

Quote:
As per the rules for Action draws, the minimum draw is always one card.

The only rules I see covering action draws are in section 1.2.2 F. This section doesn't mention a minimum of 1. Is there another section I missed?

The only one that could be lower than 1 is spotting and that has a minimum of 1. Normal actions are Automatic e.g. no draw, or 2 +/- which means +1 for veteran and -1 for Green. This is a minimum of 1, not explicit but in practice.

It is implied though (my bold) not actually stated. In previous rules it did not have the bold bit.

Page 52

"In order to spot an enemy unit, a unit must be commanded to make an Action attempt during the Command Phase with a base draw of two cards, as modified by the modifiers on the Spotting Attempts Draw Modifiers Chart. As per the rules for Action draws, the minimum draw is always one card. Note some modif iers pertain to the unit attempting to spot, while others pertain to the enemy unit it is trying to spot."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, good enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael MS
Australia
DUBBO
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
- Don't touch me !!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the command draw modifiers apply to ALL actions, except SPOTTING, because there's a table just for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGUSTI BARRIO RUIZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not ALL actions, some actions are automatic, others require experience +/- and others draw cards + experience +/-.

Seeking cover require drawing a number of cards + experience +/- for example.

Look ACTION/MOVEMENT/RALLY etc tables in manual to know which ones required +/- or are automatic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rafamsilva wrote:
So the command draw modifiers apply to ALL actions, except SPOTTING, because there's a table just for that?

The spotting attempt draw modifier chart is not an exception, the same rules as any other card draw, it is just a chart to aiding its resolution .

The same as the Command Draw Modifiers Chart.

All are affected by experience including those two aids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.