Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: What expansions/promos are needed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I have a retail copy of Evolution: Climate and was wondering what, if any, expansions or promos would really enhance the game experience? I've seen the promos offered from North Star Games and want to know what I need to add to get the best game play.

Thanks for your input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also, should i look at getting a copy of the base game, Evolution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Climate Retail can play regular Evolution so need to get that.

As far as NEEDED expansions, there are none. But I would look to get Evolution: Promo Pack III as it has a very varied set of options that truly change the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
For $25 you can get a sticker for the dino-meeple in the Evolution video game Kickstarter (plus I guess some other rewards). I don't know about anyone else, but I need that sticker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what he meant was:

knuckles29 wrote:
Climate Retail can play regular Evolution so no need to get that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
For $25 you can get a sticker for the dino-meeple in the Evolution video game Kickstarter (plus I guess some other rewards). I don't know about anyone else, but I need that sticker.

I wish Climate had come with a woolly mammoth meeple. Then I could glue some fake fur onto it and make it all shaggy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In answer to the OP.

1. Evolution: Climate is a complete game. No need to add anything. A few of the extras in Promo pack three take the game in interesting directions, but there is plenty of replayability in Climate itself. FLight is a worthwhile addition to the base game, but it takes the game in a different direction to CLimate and it is not entirely compatible - you need to strip down to base game then build up in the different direction.

2. Base Evolution is included in the copy you bought. While fiddly, it is quite feasible to downgrade to it should you wish. You will need to download the rules. But it is a downgrade. I tried it once and went straight back to Climate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptConscript wrote:
I have a retail copy of Evolution: Climate and was wondering what, if any, expansions or promos would really enhance the game experience? I've seen the promos offered from North Star Games and want to know what I need to add to get the best game play.

Thanks for your input!

None. The game is perfectly fine as is. The promos are completely unnecessary fluff.

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar daros
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option : Head to Michael's toy/kid section and you will find some awesome rubber dinosaurs. Realistic-looking...Perfect as a pimp replacement to stock dinolaugh
Marrae in Iowa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
Climate Retail can play regular Evolution so need to get that.

As far as NEEDED expansions, there are none. But I would look to get Evolution: Promo Pack III as it has a very varied set of options that truly change the game.

Anywhere that can be gotten in Europe without paying extreme prices on eBay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.