Subject: Another storage question thread: tackle boxes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Marbury
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't want to hijack the thread below so I figured I'd start my own. Does anybody use tackle boxes for Massive Darkness? And if so, has anybody found a tackle box that fits the map tiles? I have a tackle box (Plano 1374) that I'm currently modifying for Zombicide Black Plague to accommodate its map tiles but if somebody has found a box that doesn't require modification I would greatly appreciate that information! Of note, I like the inserts made by go7gaming, broken token, etc, but those inserts only address the storage aspect of the game and not ease of transport in my opinion. I use a tackle box for X-Wing and it makes the game incredibly easy to store and transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't come up with one yet, but I did get all of the minis from 2 cores, one lightbringrr box and all of the xpacs into a Plano 732. I still used the core box for the tiles, cards and dashboards.

I really don't like using Plano unless I have to, but there was so much stuff, it seemed appropriate. I've been looking at makeup train cases for this and some other games, but they can be pretty expensive to get one big enough. Much more...elegant than Plano, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
So I went with this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Angled-Tackle-System/159041...

I got everything in with room to spare minus the game tiles which I left in the original base box. At first glance I never thought I would have enough room to get all of the mobs organized and nicely put away, but I did with room to spare. The only enemy adds I dont have(YET) are helephant, elementals, and spearmaiden cyclops and I have those on order from my FLGS. Oh and I didnt initially order the doors/bridges pack which I am also on the hunt for as soon as they release. I am guessing I could get them to fit though. If they made a tackle box with five slide in racks instead of three, you could get EVERYTHING massive darkness in one nice carrying container.

If anyone is interested I can get some photos put together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruvydude wrote:
So I went with this.

I got everything in with room to spare minus the game tiles which I left in the original base box. At first glance I never thought I would have enough room to get all of the mobs organized and nicely put away, but I did with room to spare. The only enemy adds I dont have(YET) are helephant, elementals, and spearmaiden cyclops and I have those on order from my FLGS. Oh and I didnt initially order the doors/bridges pack which I am also on the hunt for as soon as they release. I am guessing I could get them to fit though. If they made a tackle box with five slide in racks instead of three, you could get EVERYTHING massive darkness in one nice carrying container.

Yup, that's the one I used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marbury
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use the 732 for my X-Wing. Great solution for storage and transport. I just really want to find something that can fit the map tiles. If I have any luck with the modifications on the tackle box I'm using for Zombicide BP I'll let y'all know. Thus far it has fit everything I have for Zombicide (I don't have everything but I do own a lot of the expansions) easily with copious room to spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruvydude wrote:
So I went with this.

That's the kind of tacklebox I used (I first used one for ZBP) and had no problems putting the map tiles in the middle of the top compartment. The tiles rest on the slight lip at the front and cover the compartment at the back with room below them for things like tokens and dice. The only tricky part is positioning them over far enough that the "hips" on the lid don't hit them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin tangangco
United States
jersey
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E3FKTO/ref=olp_product_details...=

I was thinking of getting that to store Massive Darkness minis with all the add-on minis and possibly Arcadia Quest Inferno miniatures too. I plan on leaving the Cards/tokens in their respective boxes partitioned with cardboard or foam-core boards. It looks like it can stores the bigger "miniatures" too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the KS Lightbringer version as well as the Hellephant, Reptisaurians, and Ratlings expansions. Using 4 tackle box-type thingies I bought from a hardware store or maybe Michael's--I can't remember--I have created a storage solution that allows all of the non-mini game components (tiles, pads, dice, cards, etc.) and all of the heroes and mob-type enemies to be enclosed in the main box, with about 3" of lid lift.

It's not exactly pretty but it works as a proof of concept and as time goes on I will refine it. I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow.

Anyway, so now I have about 31 monsters left over, ranging in size from the little mummy guy to the Cyclops and Hellephant. Obviously I have a sh*t-ton of empty MD boxes I could put them in, but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a more elegant solution. Right now they're kind of rattling around in the "MD-1" box that came inside the main box. Ideally, some kind of tacklebox/foamcore hybrid, roughly the same width and length as the main box (11.75"x 11.75" with compartments for individual storage, but given the range of sizes and shapes that may not be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.