Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Kelly
United States
Twentynine Palms
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy! I have a few questions after our first three (four player) games.

1) You get three movement "points" & an attack each activation. How flexible is the order? Most importantly, can you move 1, attack, move 2?

2) Do "big" monsters still just count as one entity towards the 2-per-space limit?

3) If two unfriendly entities are on a portal space, is that portal "blocked" (in or out) for everyone else?

4) Two enemy heroes (of different guilds) are on one space. I attack with a hero with cleave, specifically targeting Hero X, & announce I am "cleaving" to Hero Y. Four attack dice, four hits. Hero X rolls three defense, one shield, & takes two damage. Does Hero Y simply take two damage, or do they roll their own defense?

5) I rest on my turn. I have one dead character, & the other two are on opposite sides of the board. Are there restrictions on moving equipment around?

6) Hero A picks up a Quest token, earning a Quest reward weapon, does Hero A HAVE to be assigned the weapon?

7) Hero A has one wound, and casts drain life on a goblin archer, hitting for one. Goblin retaliates, dealing three wounds. How many wounds does Hero A now have?

That was more than I realized! Thanks in advance for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You can attack, then move or you can move, then attack. You cannot move, attack, move.
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) They each roll their own defense
5) Not for equipment. The only restriction is that you cannot pass a quest token.
6) No
7) 3 wounds. He heals one from the Life Drain (removing the existing wound) and then suffers 3 wounds. You have to watch out for those Goblin archers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bapenrose wrote:
1) You can attack, then move or you can move, then attack. You cannot move, attack, move.
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) They each roll their own defense
5) Not for equipment. The only restriction is that you cannot pass a quest token.
6) No
7) 3 wounds. He heals one from the Life Drain (removing the existing wound) and then suffers 3 wounds. You have to watch out for those Goblin archers!

Agree with everything @Bryan said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkelly17 wrote:
3) If two unfriendly entities are on a portal space, is that portal "blocked" (in or out) for everyone else?

Just to make this clear, it is that very specific portal that is blocked, not say, all portals of the same colour. Any other two can still be moved between.

bkelly17 wrote:
4) Two enemy heroes (of different guilds) are on one space. I attack with a hero with cleave, specifically targeting Hero X, & announce I am "cleaving" to Hero Y. Four attack dice, four hits. Hero X rolls three defense, one shield, & takes two damage. Does Hero Y simply take two damage, or do they roll their own defense?

Whenever any attack is made that has multiple targets, one attack roll is made and then each defender gets a defense roll against that same attack roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
bapenrose wrote:

Slight nitpicking here, but there is 1 limitation on equipment you can pass.

You cannot switch equipment if it would cause a character to die.

For example, let's say I have a character with 3 basic life and an armor that gives it 2 more life (total of 5).

That character currently has 4 wounds on it.

Now, since it will die without the extra life of the armor, you cannot rest and give the armor to someone else.

I know this probably isn't what the op was asking, but it's a limitation regardless.

Note that if you, let's say a better armor with 4 extra life, you can rest and switch the armors since the character needs to be alive after the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.