Subject: Trading for Money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Duncan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just to clarify a question we had recently, consider the scenario where you want to trade in 5 gems to get 5 coins. Is this allowed?

Am I traiding 1:1, 5:1 or 5:5 in this case?

Coins are weird to me in this context because money is "one thing" that comes in different values. Also confusing that there are $1 coins and $5 coins.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eaduncan wrote:
Just to clarify a question we had recently, consider the scenario where you want to trade in 5 gems to get 5 coins. Is this allowed?

Am I traiding 1:1, 5:1 or 5:5 in this case?

Coins are weird to me in this context because money is "one thing" that comes in different values. Also confusing that there are $1 coins and $5 coins.

Thanks

No this is not allowed. You are trading 5:5. The picture on the board is of a $1 coin. You cannot ever trade $5 coins. You could convert them to 5 $1 coins and them trade them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would take two steps.

Your first turn you would have to convert your coins to a green or blue faction banner (worth $6 or $7).

On your second turn you trade the faction banner for 3 gems.

It's a terrible use of your turns but if you need them you need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
You can't go to the same location twice in a row either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade action is so needlessly complex, we house ruled it to allow trading any number of items as long as the values match and it vastly improved visits to the town hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.