Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meghan Callahan
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the theme and the character art is great, and I wanted to like this game, but the actual gameplay is ... not great.

I also don't like that all of the girl monsters are relegated to negative cards that immediately leave the game. Insert gender stereotype argument here, but I also wanted to have the awesome Bride of Frankenstein hang out at my party!

Has anyone considered not just modifying the existing rules, but dumping them and creating a new game with the existing Knock Knock cards?

Bonus points if you can have a monster party that isn't a sausage-fest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty much agree. The game fell flat for me too, even though the artwork is awesome.

But, I don’t have any alternate rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
If you have the Jolly Roger version, there's one critical omission in the rules : the drawing deck must be face up.
This makes the double guessing much more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Callahan
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an idea (which has not been play tested at all):

Monsters at your party are laid in front of you (like current), but bouncers need to be posted "at the front door" (laid in a row on top of the party row). Bouncers that are in the party won't have protection powers (are off duty).

If a girl monster is allowed into the party, the matching bouncer type will ditch his post and follow her into the party (both move into the party row). This means the bouncer (and girl) count for party points, but the bouncer is no longer on duty.

Haven't figured out the mechanics yet, but possible ideas:

* Bouncers on duty don't count for points at the end (only if they're in the party)
* Each player can move one bouncer into on/off duty per turn (move to door from party or reverse)
* If a girl monster is rejected, she'll leave to go to the player's party, but a monster at the target party takes notice and follows her (player or target's choice of monster)?
* If you add band members (or complete a band), extra monsters are attracted to the party (random draw?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.