Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A bonus preview:

Borg Cube Space Combat

Confirms the Borg ignore shields and do not retreat.

Maybe we will get a preview for liberating Borg controlled worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks great! The Borg can't arrive quick enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do they mean when they say Borg attacks "almost always ignore shields" I wonder? The GenCon demo I attended was a bit chaotic and the guy running it was not as familiar with the rules as I would have liked, but there was definitely no mention of the Borg ignoring shields... that means a Borg Cube backed by a couple spires on the board can inflict pretty massive damage even on heavily upgraded ships.

But maybe that's necessary to balance the fact that the Borg Cube can also be devastated by late-game player fleets in that first round of combat before ever firing a shot. Though early-game player fleets will be smaller and less upgraded and will really struggle.

In general, it seems if the Borg aren't an established threat by late game the appearance of a single Cube may not carry much danger any longer. However, if players are locked into a careful balance of power it could still throw a nice wrench into things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet there is a borg tech that ignores some borg damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Cohen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
What do they mean when they say Borg attacks "almost always ignore shields" I wonder? The GenCon demo I attended was a bit chaotic and the guy running it was not as familiar with the rules as I would have liked, but there was definitely no mention of the Borg ignoring shields... that means a Borg Cube backed by a couple spires on the board can inflict pretty massive damage even on heavily upgraded ships.

But maybe that's necessary to balance the fact that the Borg Cube can also be devastated by late-game player fleets in that first round of combat before ever firing a shot. Though early-game player fleets will be smaller and less upgraded and will really struggle.

In general, it seems if the Borg aren't an established threat by late game the appearance of a single Cube may not carry much danger any longer. However, if players are locked into a careful balance of power it could still throw a nice wrench into things.

Based on the TV series, the Borg weapons adjust to enemy shields so I guess, if you don't kill them, each subsequent round of combat would have the value of your shield decreased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robot Those cool green on black Borg dice seem to have the Borg icon on the Six face, similar to the dice from Firefly. I wonder how many we get in the Assimilation expansion. Are there nine for each cube?

Now, if GF9 would only give us a few more Space Lane dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need nine dice. At Gen Con we were told that each sector can have a maximum of one cube. So any combat will have a single cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Primus
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
You only need nine dice. At Gen Con we were told that each sector can have a maximum of one cube. So any combat will have a single cube.

I can confirm, this is also what I was told at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank goodness. Reading how they fight, it would seem two cubes together would be nigh unstoppable. Imagine three or even four :-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding borg regeneration does it only work for hits from previous combat rounds or immediately on the hits they receive in the same round of combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lufcy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Bad news boys. Just spoke to galeforce9 thru facebook. They told me it hasnt even left the factory yet. They hope for a november release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmb
Lufcyad wrote:
Bad news boys. Just spoke to galeforce9 thru facebook. They told me it hasnt even left the factory yet. They hope for a november release
I'm pretty sure it will be released in october.

2018 october.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lufcyad wrote:

i do still hope for a few airlifted copies for spiel ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.