Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i've read a couple threads about which abilities work when a Gunslinger duel wields and which abilities don't, but upon rereading some of his abilities, I think it's more exclusive than originally proposed (that is unless the rulebook wording is wrong OR my interpretations of the rules wrong---both entirely possible).

Cool Hand: At the start of any fight turn, you may reduce your intiative by 3 to gain +1 shot with a one-handed gun.

If Cool Hand would work with x2 1-handed guns, i'd imagine it should say "with one handed-guns". Adding an 's' and droping that 'a' does make that distinction, but maybe this is more of a linguistic error and it's intended to give the bonus per 1-handed gun used. I'm less interested in the language used, but more interested in the game's intentions.

As for the Shoot Through ability, it seemd to work both with x1 or x2 one-handed guns as the additional hit [generic d6 damage] is as a result of having killed someone with a 1-handed gun.

Now i'll skip going into Pistol Fanning, as that's very evident it only works if you have 1 free hand.

Quickdraw on the otherhand is much like Cool Hand as it says, "you are Initiative 10 and gain +1 shot with a one-handed gun.
So since both Quickdraw and Cool Hand have the exact same language when referring to the +1 shot, we can make the same assumtion for both abilities.

From my experience, I'd imagine this is the more balanced way to play, as in my games the Gunslinger has already been powerful enough with the right combination of abilities and gun(s), but then again, my Gunslinger is only level 4 and I'm told his power falls off a bit at later levels (although I imagine it more as a plateau).

Thanks for reading AND please feel free to correct me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Hand is pretty clear, if you use one gun it gets +1 shot, if you are using 2 or more guns, choose one to get +1 shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Cool Hand is pretty clear, if you use one gun it gets +1 shot, if you are using 2 or more guns, choose one to get +1 shot.

^^ This. Those abilities are not restricted to single-wielding a gun, but the additional shot is only applied to a single gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.