Popular Tags: [View All]
Martijn Schuurmans
Netherlands
Oss
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'm translating the scenario book into dutch for my wife. She's much more into the storyline when we read it out loud in Dutch so I decided to translate 97 scenario's...and that's a lot!

At the moment I translated 61 scenario's and I hope I'm able to translate them all before my Kickstarter arrives.

I couldn't find the texts for the Road and City cards, but I would like to translate them as well.
Can anyone provide the card texts?

Does anyone feel the urge to help me or correct my translations where needed?

The link to my document is http://tinyurl.com/Gloomhaven-Scenarios-Dutch.
Message me if you'd like to help

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Schuijers
Netherlands
Uden
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Martijn,

I've read some pages and it looks pretty good. I do think that you used some 'strange' translations for some of the Lore terms, but I'd like to help you. I'm in love with the Lore of this game and I really enjoy the story.

If you were to be so kind to let me help you out, I'd be happy to. I could help you translate stories for you, I can correct any translations, and perhaps we could even have debats over certain translations.

This sounds like a great and fun project!

You can contact me through doschuijers@gmail.com and maybe we can setup an IM service through skype or whatnot.

Excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Schuurmans
Netherlands
Oss
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, I did use some strange translations. I think it got better as I became familiar with the story. It's hard to decide what names to translate and what to use as-is.

I will contact you tomorrow, thanks for being enthusiastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good seeing the two of you join forces.

Good luck guys. I'm still waiting for the KS2.0 version, so I don't want to spoil stuff atm, but I'll give it a look later on.

cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frans Treur
Netherlands
Oegstgeest
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really love the idea. I will be playing this game (hopefully) with my wife as well and a Dutch translation will help big time to convince her to play. Thanks for all the work you are putting into it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Vaes
Belgium
flag msg tools
Also love the idea. Will you put all the finished files also in the bgg download section? That would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.