Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember that Tash-Kalar first appeared on BGA around when Everfrost came out. And then I think Everfrost was implemented on BGA right around when Nethervoid came out. So I don't know if these things are related, but I always imagined they were-- maybe as long as the latest expansion is offline-only, that's enough incentive for people to buy the printed game and so online play doesn't affect sales. Or something! Who knows.

Anyway, the release of Etherweave has me wondering whether someday we might see Nethervoid online. My chances to play in person are few and far between, so while I own Nethervoid, I have sorely missed the chance to sharpen my skills against the many excellent players out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, there is an online version, just not geared towards general public.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
FWIW, there is an online version, just not geared towards general public.

And where might that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not allowed to tell, sorry. Just wanted to hint, that if that train would ever leave the station, there's a solid foundation for it already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Probably not allowed to tell, sorry.

That's completely ridiculous, sorry. But that's okay, I think I found it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
there's a solid foundation for it already.

There's also a solid foundation at BGA, where lots and lots of people already play a lot of Tash-Kalar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wack
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Probably not allowed to tell, sorry. Just wanted to hint, that if that train would ever leave the station, there's a solid foundation for it already.

If you're hinting at the CGE Online version that was used for playtesting, that's barely a secret. Vlaada campaigned thoroughly to recruit playtesters all around the world for Nethervoid, so I think anyone that has been significantly interested in TK has heard about it at some point.

Now, to answer Alison's original question : there has been indeed a vague correlation between the publication of a new faction and the availability of the previous one on BGA. First, like you guessed, Vlaada did not want a brand new faction to be available directly online. But also, this was an opportunity to make a little buzz around TK to shed some light on the new faction.

About Nethervoid, there has been no specific discussion so far. My feeling is that it would technically be very easy to add NW in the code (even easier than Everfrost, which wasn't very hard), but spare time is a resource I'm desperatly lacking nowadays (I'm at least one year late for my next project on BGA, as well as for some bugs on Colt Express). Heck, there are even 3 new games I want to try and I haven't had the chance to yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.