Popular Tags: [View All]
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So played first 4 training scenarios this evening. Loving the game as I begin to understand it. But can someone clarify these points (prob silly questions).

If there is a battle started, say in a naval space, and there are only naval units from one side, that side wins (as long as card/strategos committed result in that), but then no units are eliminated as no naval units? But strategos would get eliminated if committed?

Phormio seemed to want to start a battle in Athens (as Sparta) but only committed land units, so when the battle started Phormio lost the naval battle, and Athens decided not to proceed to land battle, as it would have got thoroughly trounced.

Or, do I read it wrong, and skip naval battle if only units from one side present? Sorry for confusion on my part, trying to get this right.

The other quick query was that it seems 5 strategos start at top and bottom of board - is that right?

Thanks for any help. Really want to crack this game, as loving everything about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ValDoonican wrote:
So played first 4 training scenarios this evening. Loving the game as I begin to understand it. But can someone clarify these points (prob silly questions).

If there is a battle started, say in a naval space, and there are only naval units from one side, that side wins (as long as card/strategos committed result in that), but then no units are eliminated as no naval units? But strategos would get eliminated if committed?

Phormio seemed to want to start a battle in Athens (as Sparta) but only committed land units, so when the battle started Phormio lost the naval battle, and Athens decided not to proceed to land battle, as it would have got thoroughly trounced.

Or, do I read it wrong, and skip naval battle if only units from one side present? Sorry for confusion on my part, trying to get this right.

The other quick query was that it seems 5 strategos start at top and bottom of board - is that right?

Thanks for any help. Really want to crack this game, as loving everything about it.

If the question is do you skip naval if none present, no.

Phormio is setting up to Raid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.