BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: I have a new game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tracie Jae
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi there. I'm new here and I have a new card game called I'm Glad You Asked. How can I make it available in the Marketplace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"What do you mean, I can't pay in Meeples?"
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Welcome to BGG,

The Marketplace is generally for games that have an established database entry / market presence. See the New Game Submission Guidelines and Guide to Game Submissions, specifically the "When is a game ready for entry in the database?" section. You may also wish to investigate some of the off-site services that offer paid PnP / print on demand publishing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I guess you could sell copies of your game if it is added to the database. So, one could use the marketplace to get money and addresses and then buy the copy via a print on demand, using the address given by the buyer so it would be sent to the buyer instead of themselves. And then you could call yourself a publisher. Or if your garage is full or some warehouse would be similar but you get to ship it.

Definitely a strange way to be a publisher, but bgg get their cut, so I guess they won't mind. If making money is not what you plan on doing, it would be an actual virtual storefront you could send people to purchase it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bgg marketplace has the option of unlimited quantity so they're expecting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.