Cthulhu Wars: The Sleeper Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ancient sorcery and cthulhu rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, posted this on the core game page too as I'm not sure how active this section is.

Rules question: if tsathoggua uses ancient sorcery on cthulhu and cthulhu is/ has already been summoned, can tsathoggua be summoned (for the first time) for 4?

In a game we just had one of our players argued that the text says cthulhu's ability now refers to them both and therefore because cthulhu had already been summoned this game tsathoggua and cthulhu both only cost 4 to summon. While I can use understand the interpretation I don't think this was the intention. Can anyone clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would take it to mean that the language applies to Tsathoggua in Sleeper's case, so he would still cost the same to summon the first time, but only 4 power subsequently, and you'd get an Elder Sign.

This applies across the board. For example, if you copy Feast, you don't get power for every area where Yellow Sign has a unit with a Desecration token, just those areas where Sleeper has a unit with a Desecration token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.