Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ancient sorcery and cthulhu rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, posted this in the sleeper page too as I'm not sure how active that section is.

Rules question: if tsathoggua uses ancient sorcery on cthulhu and cthulhu is/ has already been summoned, can tsathoggua be summoned (for the first time) for 4?

In a game we just had one of our players argued that the text says cthulhu's ability now refers to them both and therefore because cthulhu had already been summoned this game tsathoggua and cthulhu both only cost 4 to summon. While I can use understand the interpretation I don't think this was the intention. Can anyone clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you pay full cost first time. Then 4 each other time.

You replace the name of the god with sleeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
No. For purposes of Ancient Sorcery, any text referring to the other Faction's Old One refers to Tsothoggua. So Tsothoggua's first summoning is still at full cost (but he does get an Elder Sign).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
No. For purposes of Ancient Sorcery, any text referring to the other Faction's Old One refers to Tsothoggua. So Tsothoggua's first summoning is still at full cost (but he does get an Elder Sign).

And an Elder Sign when you Awaken any indie GOOs too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Levering
United States
California
flag msg tools
Can Ancient Sorcery be used on multiple factions at once? Could you place each of your 3 Snake Men on different factions in the same round to benefit from all of their abilities at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector-Xavier de Lastic
Greece
flag msg tools
PaulLevering wrote:
Can Ancient Sorcery be used on multiple factions at once? Could you place each of your 3 Snake Men on different factions in the same round to benefit from all of their abilities at once?
Of course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulLevering wrote:

In fact it's useful even if you don't want the ability as you're carrying over 1 Power for each to next turn - assuming you don't need it for this turn, of course. With all your Serpent Men out that's +3 Power for next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bowles
msg tools
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
oooh, I never thought about that juicy extra elder sign! Maybe I should start picking up ancient sorcery sooner. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.