Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm really hoping we get a true league play for Shadespire, something along the lines of Blood Bowl and/or Necromunda. I'd like some sort of skills progression or warrior progression. Any news on this?

I don't know much about X-Wing, so I'm not sure what Shadespire being similar to that (as I have heard it might be) entails.

Blood Bowl is a huge deal at my FLGS (which is good, considering I'm the commish ) and I'm really hoping Shadespire goes over well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
From what I've heard it will have league play, but only in the sense that it will be at least partially tournament focused or league focused. I get the sense though that you are referring to campaign play where characters grow in power or skill? If this is the case I highly doubt it as nothing I've read seems to indicate it going this way, but then again, who knows.

So essentially it looks like the structure of the playing in game stores will be like a league (i.e. Bloodbowl), but the mechanics won't have progression as far as character building. That being said, they did say there is a deckbuilding component to it so maybe this will reflect a growth in power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
There will be in game upgrades, but they don't carry over from game to game. When you kill an model you get a glory point. You can spend that glory to upgrade one of your guys.

I'm guessing future expansions will have different cards. Hopefully you don't have to buy another faction just to get certain cards. I hope they have card packs to upgrade your faction deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.