Subject: Which cards can be used and when? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Armstrong
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am just about to start the Dunwich campaign. I have the expansion + all the scenario packs. My question is this:

Am I allowed to use any investigator cards that I own to build decks at the start of the campaign, including those from scenarios that have yet to be played?

Or should I wait and build my initial decks from the core set + Dunwich expansion and then as I get access to new cards after playing a scenario, only be able to add them into decks at that point?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way is valid. I would use all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bennett
msg tools
You're always allowed to use all your player cards in any scenario or campaign. I think deckbuilding will be much more enjoyable if you use all your cards, plus then you won't have to spend XP to add new level 0 cards to your deck later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only convincing argument AGAINST using everything I've heard is that it increases replay value to restrict yourself. That way on your next play through you'll have a different pool of cards to start from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
CasualToast wrote:
The only convincing argument AGAINST using everything I've heard is that it increases replay value to restrict yourself. That way on your next play through you'll have a different pool of cards to start from.

For my money, this is something I sometimes do for later plays. The first play is always with the full card pool at hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Pyne
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Meh, theres enough characters and builds to have a lot of replays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
pynej wrote:
Meh, theres enough characters and builds to have a lot of replays.

I think it's more of a challenge thing, personally. I agree there are plenty of options for lots (and lots) of plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first time through dunwich I was playing along with the release cycle so I didn't have much of a choice. I have played through 2 other times, once with the full dunwich pool from the start and once with the carcosa cards added to the pool. I would say if you have them there is no reason to limit your pool from the start, it opens up a lot of options and helps to make your decks more tailored to your investigators playstyle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.