Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Pugliese
United States
Columbus
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's my question, when the double hourglass is rolled and you sell commodities for 1 silver each do you also score 2 points for each commodity or just 2 points no matter how many commodities you sell?

The iconography seems to indicate it is 2 points per commodity but rules are somewhat confusing because of punctuation:

"For each checked off commodity you gain 1 silver, plus to victory points ..."

It's the comma after silver that made me question whether these were to separate things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Toussaint
msg tools
designer
You get two points for each commodity. So don't hesitate to sell those crates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Pugliese
United States
Columbus
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Thanks for the quick answer. Absolutely love this game. Had to have it shipped from France to the US, but it was totally worth it!

Troy

Chris Toussaint wrote:
You get two points for each commodity. So don't hesitate to sell those crates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
murzim murzim
Belgium
Roosbeek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says that you may sell your commodities if you want but I don't see a reason why you wouldn't sell all your commodities if you can? Is there a reason to not sell *all* the commodities you've obtained until then?

Also, does this selling occur before picking the dice or does it happen at the end of the turn, so you could sell a commodity you've obtained during that turn as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
murzim wrote:
The rulebook says that you may sell your commodities if you want but I don't see a reason why you wouldn't sell all your commodities if you can? Is there a reason to not sell *all* the commodities you've obtained until then?

Also, does this selling occur before picking the dice or does it happen at the end of the turn, so you could sell a commodity you've obtained during that turn as well?

From the rulebook (pg 10 - English), it sounds like selling commodities happens before players use their dice to build something so based on that, no - you could not sell a commodity you earned that turn as that happens prior to building (using the dice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can sell commodity anytime during your turn with double hourglass:
"Attention: Selling commodities does not count
as using a bonus. The one-bonus-per-round rule
applies during the subsequent step, when players
build their combinations."

I think it will make the player more happy to avoid the bad luck that you have commodity but just no more double hourglass appeared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.