Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Poll: Insert/Queen or Wooden Meeples? Vote for Stretch Goal #3
It wasn't an easy decision, but the armory has proven very valuable. With our new armor and spells, the Black Wizard will have a hard time attacking our fortified position. But fortified as we may be, we are also very easy to find. If only we had some way to carry everything with us. Then we could move around the Tower and surprise the Black Wizard.

Searching the tome of a fallen Yellow Wizard, one of the apprentices calls your attention. He explains that he has found tales of a magic bag. With this bag, one can insert the contents of an entire room. The last known location of the bag was back in the Wizard King's Chamber. It may be back where you came from, but at least you'll be able to unlock the door to the Queen while you're there. The tome also contains an ancient Ritual that is hard to understand. It's meant to solidify our magic, make it hard and wooden. We may not have time to pursue both paths, so which shall it be?

Vote Insert/Queen to get a molded, plastic insert for all games and unlock the the Coup of the Wizard Queen add on expansion.

Vote Wooden to upgrade all tokens to custom, wooden meeples.
What new magic do you pursue?
Insert/Queen
Wooden
      119 answers
Poll created by jpolitis

More details of each option are in Update #5: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1914027613/heirs-of-the...

The voting closed at 8pm EST, and at that point the poll was in favor of Meeples 58 to 54. Very close voting. You can read more about it in Update #6:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1914027613/heirs-of-the...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wooden pieces are a much better option to me rather an insert and an option to spend more for an expansion. Let's update the current game and worry about the expansion later.....thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Carter
Canada
flag msg tools
I agree, the option to spend more money pales next to getting better value for the money I've already spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it is true I wooden't care for a plastic insert much, I don't see much added value to the wooden meeples. Thus I'd prefer having the option of adding queens to the ride, to open up play with 4 more friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Adding new gameplay stuff(6 new abilities) is way more interresting to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The added value in the wooden meeples is the ability to have a part of the game most people buying this afterwards won't have. I am assuming the queen add on will be available if this game is popular enough regardless, but the pieces remaining wooden for the regular retail version I doubt will.

So, would I want a second deck I will never use and have to spend more to get regardless (seeing I likely won't ever play this with more than 3), or have a beefy game with wooden pieces that wont get lost as easily as cardboard, won't damage as easily, and will be something that people won't have with the regular retail version?

Easy answer here, but who wants a game with high quality components....I guess most voting plan on playing this with 5-8 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd chime in, in case something wasn't clear.

While the queen pledge does allow you to play with 5-8 people, it also benefits a normal 1-4 player game. Right now, the game has 6 suites, each with its own spell. The queen pledge will add a second spell for each suite. So in a normal 1-4 player game you will choose (randomly or otherwise) one spell from each suite to play with.

This means the queen pledge gives you 64 combinations of spells! That variability adds way more replayability to the game - even with 1-4 players.

Also a note on the wooden meeples. I think they would be a great improvement to the game, but I have no plans to make them, or anything else, kickstarter exclusive. As a small publisher, kickstarter exclusives just don't have long term appeal and essentially double our expenses. Sorry if that news is disappointing, but I'm trying to do all I can and KEs just aren't in the budget.

Final note, as with the last vote, I think both options are great and will add immense value to the game. I tried to make both options equally appealing so each vote would count. As with all stretch goals, whatever isn't chosen or reached may still be available in the future. But without your pledges and support that isn't possible. So even if your selection isn't reached, please continue to support Heirs of the Wizard King!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheik Soegriemsingh
msg tools
Just curious. What would happen if the score is tied when the voting closes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly don't know. But as it stands, the voting is now closed. Wooden Meeples will be our third Stretch Goal. Go read about it in Update #6:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1914027613/heirs-of-the...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.