Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I want to take a Card Action to get a Promotion, the rulebook states to put an Hourglass in the Spent Time board space, but do I have to put an Hourglass on the Card to activate it as well? (I'm thinking not in this particular case, but that I would with "Raise a Family" since it has an Hourglass & is a Card Action. Unless I'm mistaken).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rockxhero wrote:
If I want to take a Card Action to get a Promotion, the rulebook states to put an Hourglass in the Spent Time board space, but do I have to put an Hourglass on the Card to activate it as well? (I'm thinking not in this particular case, but that I would with "Raise a Family" since it has an Hourglass & is a Card Action. Unless I'm mistaken).

No. So, here's the play-by-play of the promotion. You put the hourglass on the job card, spend the resources, then discard the job to get the new one. This leaves the hourglass nowhere, so you move it to spent time. So, in total, you're spending only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you. I was correct with the "Raise Family" example as well correct?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian K
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the conditions of the "raise a family" action but there are definitely cards that require you to use an hourglass to take the card action and then "pay" an additional hourglass as a resource for this action. Some projects have an hourglass as resource cost for the last level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Raise Family level doesn't have an Hourglass in its cost. The requirement is different for each Partner and is listed in text.

The Hourglass costs on a Partner are on the Upkeep costs (left column of the card) and you pay them during the Upkeep, not when performing the card action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.