Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
FUSE is a real time cooperative game. The main mechanism is simple: one d6 is rolled per player. Dice have different colors. The goal is to use the dice to fulfill demands on the cards (bombs) each player has in front of them (each person have two). When a die can't be placed, as the cards have many restrictions, it "blows" - the die is rolled again, and every player loses one die: either one that matches the color or one that has shows the same number - only die that are the top of things are affected (as some cards demand that a tower of dice is built, and only the dice at the top can be affected). Players have 10 minutes to empty the draw deck, thus winning; otherwise, players lose.

The negatives points of FUSE are: the real time aspect (many people don't like the chaos and stress); the luck, present in the roll of the dice and in drawing them from the bag, as well as in the order that the cards show up; the fact that there is little true cooperation between players, staying more in line of asking for some kind of dice or saying that you can have X or Y die; and, finally, the worst is that the game doesn't escales well: it is too easy with 5 players and too difficult (and luck dependent) with 2 or 3 - it is simple because more dice being rolled, with more options to place them, make for less challenge.

The positives are: the real time basically prevents the alpha player syndrome - there is hardly time, during all the shouting and chaos, to get what you need, let alone controlling what others need or do. And the effective fun of wishing for results and having the pressure of time pushing everyone to get things done.

The lists above might lead one to think that FUSE was more on the "bad" side, but no: I enjoy all my plays. FUSE is simple and agile: there aren't many rules, it is quick to teach and to learn, and is very clear what one needs - players aren't confused, without knowing what to do. Then everyone have fun, which is the most important feature of a game, for me. Therefore, I liked it and recommend it.

Regards,

Image credit: Camdin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Randi
Italy
Lecco
Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagoVIP wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are you talking about a different game than the title? What does Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft have to do with FUSE?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a mistake in the id number of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.