Subject: Agenda phase and rider action cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Provisor

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmb
Two questions that I believe I know the answer too but would like some outside input

1) during our first agenda phase everyone (except me) announced they were playing a rider. We went in turn order to resolve the cards. The last player, played a veto action card. Since the last card played vetoed the agenda, do all of the rider action cards jave no effect and just get discarded or do the stay until the next agenda card?

2) during the agenda phase I had a player try to play two rider action cards. The cards were of a different name and effect. Can both be played or does the text about not voting make the next card invalid? I believe this may also fall under the "action cards can't be played that effect the same tjings," I'm paraphrasing but I hope you get where I'm headed.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I would say all the riders are discarded. They were successfully played and attached to the agenda, so the agenda being canceled means they are canceled, too.

2) I'd have to double-check the rules, but in TI3 the rule was you couldn't play the SAME card to affect the same things, but you could play different cards. I think it's the same in TI4. Thus, two Riders would be two different cards, even if they affect the same vote. I don't think there's anything preventing that, though it would make the other players more likely to want to vote the opposite way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martens
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically all the action cards are being played at the same time, at which point they should start with the Speaker.

Rules Reference 2.9
If there are multiple action cards that players wish to resolve at
the same time during the strategy or agenda phases, players
take turns resolving action cards starting with the speaker and
proceeding clockwise. This process repeats until each player
has resolved all the action cards that he wishes to resolve
during that window.

So it's purely dependent on, starting with the speaker, who played their cards before the veto. Anything before is discarded, anything after never took effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
MATTPROV3 wrote:
Two questions that I believe I know the answer too but would like some outside input

1) during our first agenda phase everyone (except me) announced they were playing a rider. We went in turn order to resolve the cards. The last player, played a veto action card. Since the last card played vetoed the agenda, do all of the rider action cards jave no effect and just get discarded or do the stay until the next agenda card?

2) during the agenda phase I had a player try to play two rider action cards. The cards were of a different name and effect. Can both be played or does the text about not voting make the next card invalid? I believe this may also fall under the "action cards can't be played that effect the same tjings," I'm paraphrasing but I hope you get where I'm headed.

Thank you.

Something very weird was going on in your game. The chances of getting more than 1 rider card in the first agenda are very low there's only 5 riders in a deck of 80 ac's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Provisor

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmb
Skootur wrote:
Technically all the action cards are being played at the same time, at which point they should start with the Speaker.

Rules Reference 2.9
If there are multiple action cards that players wish to resolve at
the same time during the strategy or agenda phases, players
take turns resolving action cards starting with the speaker and
proceeding clockwise. This process repeats until each player
has resolved all the action cards that he wishes to resolve
during that window.

So it's purely dependent on, starting with the speaker, who played their cards before the veto. Anything before is discarded, anything after never took effect.

The veto card was the last one played. We did start with the speaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martens
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then yes, I'd say they're all discarded.

My only point was if the Veto had been the player to the Left of the Speaker, it would have all stopped there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Provisor

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
MATTPROV3 wrote:

Thank you.

Something very weird was going on in your game. The chances of getting more than 1 rider card in the first agenda are very low there's only 5 riders in a deck of 80 ac's.

Mecatal was taken round three and everyone was drawing two action cards every round by then. At least 4 of us also grabbed some from political secondary. I think we were just trying to see every card in the game. We actually had to shuffle the discard pile, to create a new deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Darkmancer wrote:

Just finished a game an hour ago. We had riders coming out of our ears. We had two the first round of voting (round 3), at least 2 in round 4, and at least 1 in round 5. I say at least, because I thought there were more than 5 that came out... are you sure there aren't 8 riders? (One for each Strategy Card)

It was actually kind of crazy. We also almost ran out of action cards by the end of the game (Turn 6), and would have easily if two players had gotten around to taking Neural Motivator.

I was very pleased to get two of them off... the tech one in round 3, and leadership in round 5. The guy to my right played one that would have given him the speaker token if the guy who had taken Political SC hadn't sabotaged it in response. One guy got a free VP for having the Imperial one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.