Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Meet Nina the Wonder Dog. She is my husband's hearing assist dog. Tonight she is assisting him as he explores Temple of the Feathered Serpent. I hope that this still counts as a solo adventure if Nina comes along!

This is it. This is where the weathered parchment pinpointed the Temple of the Feathered Serpent, lost since the conquistadors who had drawn the map disappeared over 500 years ago.

Pushing aside the great cycad fronds from the clearing you see the ancient pyramid before you. The entrance, you know, is at the top.

Climbing, you hear those sounds coming from the jungle behind you again. Something has been tracking you, waiting for an easy meal. It doesn’t matter. The treasures of the Incas lie within this ziggurat and an entire jamboree of ravenous jaguars couldn’t turn you away now.

Pushing aside the stone door at the top, you begin to descend the slick stone steps. What could go wrong now that you’re so close?

Temple of the Feathered Serpent (TotFS) is a tile laying game where you you are trying to navigate the ever changing maze to escape an ancient temple. Watch out for the deadly jaguars and snakes. The monkeys might sneak up and steal your hard won treasures.

Anyway, I just finished the update of this game and Paul (my husband) was kind enough to playtest it for me. If you want to try it, everything you need is now in the BGG file sections.

Here is the board all set up to play:

Paul explored the first level easily enough but he ran into a couple of snakes on the second level. Snakes, why does it always have to be snakes? Luckily, he exited the second level in good health. He was aware that the jaguar was stalking him though. Nina is there to help but she seems unconcerned.

The third level was a little tricky to navigate. This must be a popular level. There was a lot of fruit and tacos. Still, that jaguar peeped around the corner every once in a while. A monkey ran off with his net. Still, our intrepid explorer and his faithful service dog press on!

The fourth level. Such joy and such heartache! We finally found the headdress of the Feathered Serpent and the Idol of the Feathered Serpent. Unfortunately, they filled up the backpack and reduced the number of spaces for useful items. Paul and Nina used most of their energy to tunnel through a wall and then found dynamite on the other side. Before they found food to refresh themselves (Nina likes the tacos), a snake bit them and they did not make it out of the temple. Poor Nina is sad. cry

The explorer does not make it out of the temple alive (defeat). An
enthusiastic young academic easily fills your university position, and your
name is never mentioned in the archeology field again because you remain
unpublished. Looking at the bright side, you made jaguars very, very happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One K
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you mam, for telling the nice story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.