Subject: Did I Miss Out on the Component Update Kit? [Yes I Did] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I held off pre-ordering the Update Kit since it wasn't going to ship until August then September, funds were a bit tight and I was going to order some Hoplo stuff at the same time. I checked to see if they were showing as in stock or still a pre-order shipping in September, but now it is nowhere to be found in the Chip Theory Games store. Does anyone know if this a temporary gone or a permanent gone/sold out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Did I Miss Out on the Component Update Kit?
Seems it's sold out.

I clicked on my previous order and cannot get to the item any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christopher it is most definitely sold out, and is not going to be reprinted - sorry you missed it.

If you head over to chiptheorygames.com/supprort, however, we can see if there's anything we can do for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
Christopher it is most definitely sold out, and is not going to be reprinted - sorry you missed it.

If you head over to chiptheorygames.com/supprort, however, we can see if there's anything we can do for you.

Oh man, I didn't realize that it was not going to be available again - I thought I had some time. In fact, I was waiting for the Undertow kickstarter thinking it would for sure be available as an add on for that. I guess that is what you get for waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PreacherMan05 wrote:
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:

Oh man, I didn't realize that it was not going to be available again - I thought I had some time. In fact, I was waiting for the Undertow kickstarter thinking it would for sure be available as an add on for that. I guess that is what you get for waiting.

It was a challenging thing to produce as we knew there would be many that wouldn't order it, we priced it to not make a profit on it, and it only applied to a limited portion of our audience. Unfortunately it's just not economical to reprint. That said, the big thing is the updated cards and reference sheets, which have been permanently updated obviously. Even if we're not able to help you out now, we should be able to provide those with the next print run of the game.

As I stated, contact support and we'll always do whatever we can to help, even if we have to tell you to wait for a while
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:

Thank you. Support request submitted.
Losin' for Snoozin' cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
PreacherMan05 wrote:
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:

It was a challenging thing to produce as we knew there would be many that wouldn't order it, we priced it to not make a profit on it, and it only applied to a limited portion of our audience. Unfortunately it's just not economical to reprint. That said, the big thing is the updated cards and reference sheets, which have been permanently updated obviously. Even if we're not able to help you out now, we should be able to provide those with the next print run of the game.

As I stated, contact support and we'll always do whatever we can to help, even if we have to tell you to wait for a while

Well, I can't speak for others, but for me it was the cards and the reference sheets that I was most interested in having. The other stuff would be have been nice too of course - but the parts of the game itself that changed is what I was wanting. I will go to the web page and fill out a request and see what you guess can do.

Thanks. I have to say, you guys just keep amazing me over and over again. Your attention to customer service is unheard of. I really appreciate knowing there is company that gets what it means to care about their customers - Chip Theory knocks it out of the park in this area. It is one of the reasons I am such a fan of you guys... that and you know how to design a very fun game. Cant wait to see what you guys do in the future.

Roger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well crap. I actually had a copy of the upgrade kit in a saved shopping cart and went to pay for it a little while ago and the item was removed and not to be found on their website. It's my fault but I've had a bunch of recent unplanned bills that ate up our available cash.

I assumed they'd offer it again in their upcoming Kickstarter campaign but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case. I guess I'm just going to miss out on this. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cyunfat
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Same here.cry
I am in Europe, so the shipping cost was a no-go.
So I planned also to get it with the Undertow kickstarter. I assumed a little bunch of the upgrade kits was "reserved" for the kickstarter.
I was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.