Hide
7 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition): Unbreakable Bonds» Forums » General

Subject: The Locus Swarm; defeating Warbands? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jess Monk
msg tools
What happens to a Warbands when you defeat one?

Does the Warband card remain face up? Do you flip it back face down? Do you remove it? What happens to all of it's unit tokens? Do you do anything with the Story Quest Token? I ask because we can't seem to find a section that tells us...anything at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is defeated and removed from the game along with its card, token and unit tokens as well.
The unit tokens are only there for 2 purposes : they give health to the warband and also declare which type of settlement the warband attacks.
So you have 2 strategies when fighting a warband : either you finish it off together with all its units or just defeat how many units you want in order to change the 'course' on what settlement type the warband will attack in the future, like shrines, towns etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henke N
msg tools
But how do I actually kill a warband? For example I have Da venns warband running around. Does it have 8 in base health and 2 extra for each unit? If I understand correctly I can do 4 damage to remove unit but I can also continue to do more dmg and If I manage to do 10 dmg (if the warband has 1 unit on it) the warband is completely defeated?

On the Locust Swarm mission card it says that all warbands, faceup and facedown, must be defeated to win the game but at the same time the card says units on facedown warbands can't be killed? Im not even sure how one might be able to attack a facedown warband (I thought their location was unkown, hence the facedown position)

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this cause I'm not sure I can play this scenario if I don't fully understand it . Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henke N
msg tools
liath wrote:
But how do I actually kill a warband? For example I have Da venns warband running around. Does it have 8 in base health and 2 extra for each unit? If I understand correctly I can do 4 damage to remove unit but I can also continue to do more dmg and If I manage to do 10 dmg (if the warband has 1 unit on it) the warband is completely defeated?

On the Locust Swarm mission card it says that all warbands, faceup and facedown, must be defeated to win the game but at the same time the card says units on facedown warbands can't be killed? Im not even sure how one might be able to attack a facedown warband (I thought their location was unkown, hence the facedown position)

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this cause I'm not sure I can play this scenario if I don't fully understand it . Thanks!

Noone? would appreciate if someone could help out with this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If face down I think you need to wait until flipped up with a Story Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liath wrote:

You kill a warband like any other enemy. If it runs out of health (remember they have +2 health per unit on the card), remove its card from the game and discard any units on it. If you don't think you can finish the warband off, you can instead spend four damage from its card to remove a unit, making it easier to kill next time.

You can't fight facedown warbands, but they should be flipped pretty fast by the story deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henke N
msg tools
adamxpaul wrote:
liath wrote:

You kill a warband like any other enemy. If it runs out of health (remember they have +2 health per unit on the card), remove its card from the game and discard any units on it. If you don't think you can finish the warband off, you can instead spend four damage from its card to remove a unit, making it easier to kill next time.

You can't fight facedown warbands, but they should be flipped pretty fast by the story deck.

Many thanks for helping out, both of you! Forgot I had this question until I just rechecked the forum!

Followup questions and without having the Warband card infront of me.

If I enter combat with a Warband and lets say they have 1 unit on them and I seem to be loosing and aiming to kill just the 1 unit. Do I need to finish the combat round even if I did 4 dmg in the first 2 combat actions?

Can I leave the fight anyway I want or do I need to finish the round?

When leaving combat with a Warband, do I follow normal Retreat procedures?

Again, many thanks for helping out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.