Subject: Does Peace Treaty cancels wars? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

if I start a war and the other player offers the peace treaty pact (both civilizations can't attack each other and they gain an additional culture), would it cancel the war which was already started by me if I accept the pact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, "attack" means playing an aggression or war during the politics phase, so any war declaration already in effect would not be affected since the "attack" already has happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way a war wouldn't be resolved if already started is if it was played during the very last round, is this statement true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Zhang
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
The only way a war wouldn't be resolved if already started is if it was played during the very last round, is this statement true?

If it is the very last round, no war can be declared. So there is no such resolved-or-not question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Hello,

if I start a war and the other player offers the peace treaty pact (both civilizations can't attack each other and they gain an additional culture), would it cancel the war which was already started by me if I accept the pact?

A War which has already been declared still resolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:

As it stands right now, the only thing that keeps a war from resolving is if the target resigns (attacker gets 7 culture).

On Boardgaming-Online there is an unofficial expansion with an age III wonder, Manhattan Project, that a player can build to prevent wars being declared against them, and it also cancels any currently declared wars. So it's possible the upcoming official expansion could have a wonder or leader which has that effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Roger the Alien wrote:
Hello,

A War which has already been declared still resolves.

Thank you, I missed that part.

Happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.