3 Posts

Age of Napoleon» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Prussia worth to be defended before Stein? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Lusignoli
Italy
flag msg tools
In your opinion, once Prussia enters the war on Coalition side, is it worth to be defended, or is it better to let it surrender, to allow Stein's reforms and possible insurrection afterwards?
Obviously I mean in the long term, considering the Coalition's winning conditions.
Pros are the 2 cards/year drawn for controlling Prussia (unless you already get 10 from GB+R+A), and the fact that each battle + winter attrition gives some possibility to inflict French permanent losses.
However, while defending small Prussia with all my British and Russian corps available, I see these nice "Stein" corps (Blucher and co) out of play, and I wonder: "why the hell am I spending energies preventing these nice corps from ever coming into play"?
There is a so big difference between Prussian armies before and after Stein...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I play the long term game. It comes down to bleeding the french with permanent losses. As for Prussia, it is all situational. What is the diplomatic card situation? How well are the french doing? How many coalition allies are active? Where are the French armies? How long will Prussia hold out? etc.

The decision is not automatic for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
While it's worth wondering, I agree that it is not an automatic decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.