Fredrik Tillman
Sweden
Hässelby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I will be attending Essen Spiel for the first time this year and I thought it could be a good idea to have a Slack channel for us going to Essen this year where we can find fellow gamers to game with. Or have lunch with. Or ask for directions. Or when we are on site - let others know what games are selling out at what booth and so on.

I really think it could prove to be a useful tool. Especially for us newbies who don't know the area, what to expect, where and with who to game and from what I can see in the forums there seem to be a lot of people in that situation.

If you also think that this is a good idea - feel free to join the channel by using this link

https://join.slack.com/t/essenspiel17/shared_invite/enQtMjU1...

Or if that link don't work for you - send an email to fredrik.tillman [at] gmail.com with "Essen slack" as the subject and I will add you as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone!

Edited: Updated link to slack since the old one had expired
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good initiative, but slacks privacy policy sucks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Tillman
Sweden
Hässelby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah? To be honest I never read it. Is it something specific I should know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically they gather all personal info and they are allowed to use them for ads. As for what else they can use it for, normal users are not told, as all right for everything in each workgroup belongst to the customer who controls that group. And for each workgroup there is a seperate user lisence agreement and privacy statement between the customer and the company (the customer beeing the owner of the workgroup). So whatever the group owner signs ok to, goes for everyone in the group, even if they do not get to read what applies....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Tillman
Sweden
Hässelby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping up this thread to let more know about the slack channel.

I have updated the invite link since it had expired but now it should work again.

Welcome to join!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Csuka
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
does not work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Tillman
Sweden
Hässelby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. new one here:

https://join.slack.com/t/essenspiel17/shared_invite/enQtMjU1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.