Subject: [SPOILER] Item 30, item 31 and successive runs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordi De Jonghe
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to multiple runs getting into the final room, we tried both options with Razovsky, finding two cubes in different runs. However since these choices are in direct conflict with each other, should we keep both cubes or only one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is something in the offical FAQ which says: you always can keep these cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only obtain one, how did you manage to get both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi De Jonghe
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, we made it to the final room without the mask, so we had to do another run. Do you return a cube to the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a run fails you must reset the game, so (unless otherwise instructed) return all Items and discarded cards to the deck, return state tokens to the supply, and restore Life Points before starting the next run. Neither Item 30 or 31 are marked to keep between runs, nor could you have kept either of the state tokens that gave you access to them.

But, congratulations on finding one, my team did not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Eduardo

New York
msg tools
My group also got both cubes - they specifically say on them to "keep for future adventures".

That would lead me to believe they shouldn't be reset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mreduardo wrote:
My group also got both cubes - they specifically say on them to "keep for future adventures".

That would lead me to believe they shouldn't be reset.

A cube is only kept if the run succeeds, otherwise it is returned to the deck just like any other Item in preparation for the next run; the only Items kept between runs are those marked with a blue Agency logo. I don't have the game to hand but I think I recall that, via the state token mechanism, it is not possible to obtain both cubes in the same run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
It is odd though: the cube from "Asylum" also didn't have any agency logo, yet the info "Keep this object for later adventures. You never know." The cube from "Prophecy" missed this info, but according to Paul Grogan's FAQ just by accident. If this "accident" happen again, I would say, yes you should be able to keep both cubes, if you retrieved them on different runs, otherwise you shouldn't keep any, even if you got one on your last run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given what we know regarding cubes, I don't see the point of putting them in the scenario for them to be left behind, then that each is obtained via a different state token I would still play that only one can be gained over the course of the mission as there is a clear choice to be made: him or him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.