The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Item effects and and available actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have an question I'm growing pretty frustrated about, right now I'm testing 7th Continent for the first time and it isn't totally clear to me on how you can apply effects from your item cards. I'm talking about the brown squares with icons.

Quote:
For example: I'm taking a Spot/Observe action which requires 1 action card drawn (no success needed).

I own the Spiky Conch with 2 effects: Music which gives me -1 action card or a star and a Fight action which gives me a star.

My question: can I use the BROWN effect of Music to reduce action cards to zero? And why?

This is super confusing because I thought the BROWN action symbol must be the same as the WHITE action symbol.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hollow
msg tools
mb
Quote:
I thought the BROWN action symbol must be the same as the WHITE action symbol.

This is correct. When taking a music/charm-action (black on white) you could apply the brown action modifier (white on brown) from your conch to reduce the amount of cards drawn by one. When using it as a weapon in a fight-action, you could get one success for that fight action.

To lower the energy needed for the spot/observe-action, you'd need an item with a spot/observe modifier.

edit: as mentioned in another thread, not being able to apply any of the action modifiers (or banner effects) doesn't prevent you from using an item. For instance, if you want to make room for another item, you could use an item stack with bolas in them (reduce the stack's durability by 1) to discard them without any benefit for the current action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Your initial instinct is correct. You can only use items if one of their brown boxes matches the action you are taking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you both. And Dan, nice FAQ you made there. I'll check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.