Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Yoder
United States
Sauquoit
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
It seems there is a mistake in the picture example on page 8 regarding the Boiler Room. As I understand it, the tentacle/brain worker should receive 2 food (one from the reactor space and one for his tentacle bonus), and 4 coins (two because it's a tentacled worker, one from the reactor space, and one for the tentacle bonus). [The 3 victory points part of the picture is correct.]

In other words, it seems the pictured resources did not include the tentacle bonus of one food and one coin.

Am I misunderstanding this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Angelis
United States
Philadelphia
Pa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The picture on page 8 shows a brain+claw worker. The text just reminds you that if you had a tentacle worker you would get extra stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Yoder
United States
Sauquoit
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. Obviously I didn't look hard enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
wyoder1 wrote:
It seems there is a mistake in the picture example on page 8 regarding the Boiler Room. As I understand it, the tentacle/brain worker should receive 2 food (one from the reactor space and one for his tentacle bonus), and 4 coins (two because it's a tentacled worker, one from the reactor space, and one for the tentacle bonus). [The 3 victory points part of the picture is correct.]

In other words, it seems the pictured resources did not include the tentacle bonus of one food and one coin.

Am I misunderstanding this?

Would it not only be two coins still for a tentacle and and brain? One for the reactor bonus and one from the tentacle bonus. If the worker was a brain/tentacle, it doesn't get any coins on its own as only the claw worker generates two coins when placed in the boiler room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wyoder1 wrote:

I actually made the same mental mistake, reading the rules the first time through, before I stared at it long enough, so don't feel bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.