Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: One 'Big Box' add-on for upcoming Kickstarter please :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear developers of 7th Continent,

If you would be so kind, it would be great to have a big box add-on for new 7th Continent Kickstarter that would fit the base game, expansion content and upcoming Kickstarter content even sleeved. Current stuff 'almost' fits, but new items certainly would not.

- those of us who hate to keep stuff separate
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Dear developers of 7th Continent,

If you would be so kind, it would be great to have a big box add-on for new 7th Continent Kickstarter that would fit the base game, expansion content and upcoming Kickstarter content even sleeved. Current stuff 'almost' fits, but new items certainly would not.

- those of us who hate to keep stuff separate


I'd even take a single side box so we've got two boxes - huge boxes aren't much good either.

But yeah, some sort of consolidation tool would be good.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSpy wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
Dear developers of 7th Continent,

If you would be so kind, it would be great to have a big box add-on for new 7th Continent Kickstarter that would fit the base game, expansion content and upcoming Kickstarter content even sleeved. Current stuff 'almost' fits, but new items certainly would not.

- those of us who hate to keep stuff separate


I'd even take a single side box so we've got two boxes - huge boxes aren't much good either.

But yeah, some sort of consolidation tool would be good.


SP said something about a new box, iirc. We'll have to wait and see.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Bellmore
New York
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Dear developers of 7th Continent,

If you would be so kind, it would be great to have a big box add-on for new 7th Continent Kickstarter that would fit the base game, expansion content and upcoming Kickstarter content even sleeved. Current stuff 'almost' fits, but new items certainly would not.

- those of us who hate to keep stuff separate


Everything fits in my box with room for maybe one or two new expansions, but I don't sleeve. I was an all-in backer as well. However, I wouldn't complain if the box was a bit bigger for ease of use.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
It'd be really risky to do as an add-on, because there's a certain economy of scale that'd be needed to do a production run and pay for shipping on the larger box. Maybe they'll do it as a high-dollar stretch goal, but that'd be a pretty disappointing one for what I think would be most backers. I can only see a very small percentage of their customers sleeving anything other than the bare minimum of cards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lacroix
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
Slashdoctor wrote:
Dear developers of 7th Continent,

If you would be so kind, it would be great to have a big box add-on for new 7th Continent Kickstarter that would fit the base game, expansion content and upcoming Kickstarter content even sleeved. Current stuff 'almost' fits, but new items certainly would not.

- those of us who hate to keep stuff separate


Personnaly, I would prefer a box the size of one of the existing trays, so as to be able to store all the non numbered cards (fog cards, advance skills, non used cards as for example personnage cards), wich would free the original box for the numbered cards. That way, I could have less packet cards there (easier to find the correct ones), with some foam for storage (great idea to have them in the box). And we could have more space for future expansions there^^.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While we are at it, how about some plastic dividers too?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
ras2124 wrote:
While we are at it, how about some plastic dividers too?


While that'd be cool, it's all about tradeoffs, isn't it? I'd rather have more content, personally. If it was a choice between plastic dividers and a big box or another curse, I know which way I'd go.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Anzaldo
Mexico
Mexico
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
More dividers will be great, even if they are the same as the original ones. One for food, one for states, one for the dreaded 666 cards, one for the xp cards. That will help get those frequently used cards easy to get.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MacDouglass Kinnick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hee Haw!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would support one box that fits everything.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Piotrowski
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HUGE fan of plastic dividers just like Smash Up. Will pay $$ for this add on using nice art from the game. I'll also support some type of box, but it depends on how much content will be added with this KS. I backed everything previously and it's a massive game.

Though, I'm not sure how they can improve on the graphic design of the previous box. The black w/ gold logo is the visual center-piece of my (rather large) collection. Perfect graphic design!

Also, please offer the bone dice again, I stupidly skipped those last time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd pay for a bigger box and plastic dividers. My cardboard dividers weren't looking too good out of the box, and they're not aging well . . .
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernardo Gonzalez
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
+ 1

I sleeve, and the base game with the expansion does not fit in the box. Please a bigger box!!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
While we are at it, how about some plastic dividers too?


This kind of extras are better supplied by the "aftermarket" suppliers. It is very hard for the content creator to please everybody: different tastes, different budgets...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
While we are at it, how about some plastic dividers too?


While that'd be cool, it's all about tradeoffs, isn't it? I'd rather have more content, personally. If it was a choice between plastic dividers and a big box or another curse, I know which way I'd go.
Not sure how making an add-on for a plastic version of something they already have is a trade off. It is just a change of materials, no modification needed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
While we are at it, how about some plastic dividers too?


This kind of extras are better supplied by the "aftermarket" suppliers. It is very hard for the content creator to please everybody: different tastes, different budgets...
I haven't seen an aftermarket version of this kind of thing. I think people want the dividers we have, just in plastic instead of cardboard (exactly like Smash Up uses).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
ras2124 wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
While we are at it, how about some plastic dividers too?


This kind of extras are better supplied by the "aftermarket" suppliers. It is very hard for the content creator to please everybody: different tastes, different budgets...
I haven't seen an aftermarket version of this kind of thing. I think people want the dividers we have, just in plastic instead of cardboard (exactly like Smash Up uses).


ras2124 wrote:
jepmn wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
While we are at it, how about some plastic dividers too?


While that'd be cool, it's all about tradeoffs, isn't it? I'd rather have more content, personally. If it was a choice between plastic dividers and a big box or another curse, I know which way I'd go.
Not sure how making an add-on for a plastic version of something they already have is a trade off. It is just a change of materials, no modification needed.


I don't want to get in a whole thing, here, but I think you vastly underestimate how something that is simple to describe can both increase costs and take a significant amount of the creators time trying to get done.

This is just my experience having followed the production of a bunch of kickstarters now. So often things people think or "little" are anything but.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluss Burrito
Germany
NW
flag msg tools
badge
123456789
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a a medium game, no need for a big box, looks a lot bigger on the pictures. Better packing would be nice, the cards (even shrink wrapped) had already some damage on the edges. Dividers were looking used out of the box and for my taste the manual looks like a copyshop copy from around the corner (yes, some liked it for whatever reason, I did not.). Minis are so mini, I only used the tokens. They are looking much better. The Art of the addon boxes is also amlot more appealing then the gamebox itself. Summary: The boxsize is the least problem...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FlussBurrito wrote:
It is a a medium game, no need for a big box, looks a lot bigger on the pictures. Better packing would be nice, the cards (even shrink wrapped) had already some damage on the edges. Dividers were looking used out of the box and for my taste the manual looks like a copyshop copy from around the corner (yes, some liked it for whatever reason, I did not.). Minis are so mini, I only used the tokens. They are looking much better. The Art of the addon boxes is also amlot more appealing then the gamebox itself. Summary: The boxsize is the least problem...


It's not the packing it's the cardboard, but it's too late to change anything. My game arrived in perfect condition but the cards would become bent at the corners, the cardboard fluffy and both scratched at an alarming rate. I spray-lacquered the dividers and the box - and it helped significantly, the dividers wear now at a reasonable rate. I bought all the sleeves I could find in shop and I am waiting for the resupply to sleeve the remaining cards. I did not want to sleeve them, just as I did not sleeve the tiles of Leaving Earth. On the other hand I am a guy who is happy to keep the cards in an Ikea box (if I have to).

On the other hand, the game would still fit in its original box, even with 400 thick sleeves, but it will probably become too small after I receive all the sleeves and the new expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
It'd be really risky to do as an add-on, because there's a certain economy of scale that'd be needed to do a production run and pay for shipping on the larger box. Maybe they'll do it as a high-dollar stretch goal, but that'd be a pretty disappointing one for what I think would be most backers. I can only see a very small percentage of their customers sleeving anything other than the bare minimum of cards.

Maybe they can honestly state: if more than X people want & pay for it we do it, otherwise we don't? (And if even X+Y people do, it will be cheaper for you?)

But I agree, more new content first! cool
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I am STRONGLY in favor of additional game play content over cosmetic upgrades.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin M
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sleeved the 200 most used cards and there's very little room left in the box for more than the three expansions I have. As I'd like to get more content and sleeve the journal cards as well I'd like some sort of expansion box solution, perhaps trays like the ones already supplied but with lids would be best. Small enough to allow purchase of one or two depending on requirements.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add my vote for an additional box and trays, and not just a bigger, more unwieldy box.

Especially for so many cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's easy to make a box. The recent Vikings Gone Wild Kickstarter gave everyone the option to get a giant box as an add-on. You could get neoprene mats to replace the cardboard ones.

...or not. You could simply pledge for the regular game with no box or add-ons as well. Kickstarter is the perfect venue for gauging interest in non essential add-ons.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
neoshmengi wrote:
It's easy to make a box. The recent Vikings Gone Wild Kickstarter gave everyone the option to get a giant box as an add-on.


Vikings Gone Wild wrote:
Custom-Size, Very Thick, Small Quantity explains the current price for it. Because it is meant to carry a lot of cards, we have doubled the thickness of the board. Because this is a large box, custom made, we have to pay for the tooling which is very expensive. And because this is not a common item, we are printing only a small quantity of them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.