Subject: Any New Pocket Battles on the Horizons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pocket Battlers,

I just found out about this awesome little game... I have the Macedonians vs Persians, and just ordered the Celts vs Romans. I can't wait to have more opponent variety!

Does any one know if Z-Man is still going to make more of these in the future? I saw the civil war and fantasy boxes, but I am kind of drawn more to the classic battles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it might finally be dead. That said, the Civil War set sort of came out of no where, so hopefully not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really hoping for another fantasy set. Wasn't there talk of Undead vs. Dwarves?

On the historical front, a Crusaders and Saracens set would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
I'm really hoping for another fantasy set. Wasn't there talk of Undead vs. Dwarves?

On the historical front, a Crusaders and Saracens set would be awesome.

They talked about Undead vs. Dwarves years ago. I wish they published that too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well... thats sad to hear...cry

Too bad we might not get some of those cool match-ups, I would definitely grab the Crusader one.

That said, I have just started playing Pocket battles a few weeks ago... There is still a lot of play left in these little boxes! Just hoping for more... I'm a bit of a collection addictblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dans the Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd definitely be interested in more sets. Preferably fantasy or historical ancient. I didn't find the ACW set as appealing for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
Australia
Enmore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
navajas wrote:
Looks like it might finally be dead. That said, the Civil War set sort of came out of no where, so hopefully not!

The "Official Page" link is now broken and produces a 404 error from the Zman site (I've flagged it for removal from BGG). A search on Zman for "Pocket Battles" only produces links to PDF rulebooks for the two ancient sets (I've submitted those links to BGG recently).
Not good signs for the system, though they may just not plan reprints of existing products, and could still parachute in something new (maybe...). whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.