Subject: A few questions before I dive into this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I love Arkham and Eldritch Horror, am a big pulp fiction fan so I'm sure I'll love this. I always thought about getting the 1st edition but by the time I made up my mind, the KS was happening so I held off until now. I just have a couple questions though, I know a couple of them have (kinda) been answered but am just wanting to condense them into one thread.

1 - What are the major differences between editions?

2 - How much do the 2nd edition expansions add. Specifically "Elite Missions" and "Fate's Fortune" as they seem a little pricey for what I can gather are just a few cards.

3 - Are there any plans on making 2nd editions of the other expansions, I did notice that MM has miniature boxes for "Reign of terror" and "Apocalype". I wasn't clear on if those expansions were going to be coming or whatnot.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the latest KS, Secrets of the Lost Station, there have been hints at a "possible" future KS for reprints on the sold out expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EE will hopefully give you a better answer to #1 and #3, but here's my take:

1. 2nd edition base game has a smaller box and a much improved rulebook. Otherwise, I believe the editions are basically the same.

2. The best expansions IMO are: Ancient Myths & Legends, and Passages & Perils.

Elite Missions are nice in that they allow you to replay scenarios with the added challenge of an elite mission. Combining a base scenario with an elite mission provides a ton of replay. Not all of the Elite Missions are what I would call "good", but we use the ones we like.

I have Fate's Fortune, but haven't used it yet. It changes the game such that characters can flip to an upgraded side by completing certain private goals. There's also a "traitor" mechanic, but my wife and I don't like that style of games.

3. EE has talked about reprinting the expansions, but I don't think anything has solidified yet.

SotLT is a great pulp-y game. Get it if you can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes,i agree.its a great game.and each expansion adds a lot to the game!.my favourite is the "apocalypse" expansion..two great adventures/campaigns..one is zombies..and the second one is the four horsemen..which I think is brilliant!!.I bought possibly the last first edition core game in the uk!.one of my top games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did buy the second edition and im excited to give it a go. Now there is a pamphlet in there for the expansions, are they compatible with the second edition? Which adds the most bang for your buck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the expansions are excellent!!...but pretty hard to get hold off.so,get em while you can!!..I believe they are compatible with the second edition.but maybe Chris can come back on that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Masri
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
I hope they do an expansion reprint soon. Would love to get my hands on the first three. Havent found those anywhere local or online.
Bought the game on a whim, and now I want everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArtofPeace wrote:
I hope they do an expansion reprint soon. Would love to get my hands on the first three. Havent found those anywhere local or online.
Bought the game on a whim, and now I want everything!

Give us time and have faith in us! We will deliver as always... this is just a tough one that all of a sudden is coming back to demand We have a bunch of projects in the pipeline (like secrets of the lost station) and more!

we're going to get there!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Masri
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Fantastic to hear and great news on the recent popularity resurge! Its good to know you are supporting your older titles, makes it easier to invest.

I'll try and be patient

And Congrats on the recent success of Secrets of the lost Station!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.