Hide
5 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » Rules

Subject: Larry Trailer question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bama Buzz
msg tools
First I just have to say that the Trailer is a beast! I do have rules clarification question regarding him, though.

The rules state that a player may only perform an action skill type once per activation. Larry has Blitz, Block+1, and Shove. As you know Blitz allow a player to perform a block as part of a move action, Block+1 gives a bonus to any block, and Shove is a special type of block.

Now for my question: can Larry perform a normal block AND a Shove in the same activation? For example, could he move 1, perform blitz block(normal), then move 2 more (i.e. not more than half) and do a Shove? And a followup, I'm assuming the Block+1 can only be used once but can Larry choose which block (the 1st normal block or the Shove) to use it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
troy jones
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. A Shove is "a special type of block," but still a block, so only one block per activation, Shove or no.

Note that this is different from Juke and Shake which are specifically said to be their own actions (even though they are resolved similarly to blocks), meaning that players with Juke or Shake CAN Juke or Shake AND throw a regular block in the same activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trojo wrote:
I would say no. A Shove is "a special type of block," but still a block, so only one block per activation, Shove or no.

Note that this is different from Juke and Shake which are specifically said to be their own actions (even though they are resolved similarly to blocks), meaning that players with Juke or Shake CAN Juke or Shake AND throw a regular block in the same activation.

This is all correct. Bonus points for the Juke and Shake example!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Roth
Canada
Montréal
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
Another question on Larry trailer here : if choosing move and X, can he both block and tackle on the same activation ?

I believe the intent is here, but wanted to be sure.

moving 2-3, Block (blitz, part of move), free follow up, tackle

or

block (part of move), move 2-3, tackle

anyway, he's a beast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as he doesn't use more than half of his movement, he can shove/block as part of a move action on a blitz and tackle.

He could even:
1. Move 1 to threaten a player
2. Shove the player 2 spaces and follow-up for free
3. Step away from that player for a cost of 2 movement to threaten the ball carrier
4. And since he's only used 3 of his movement, he can still attempt a tackle

You can even do tricky things like move 3 spaces to threaten the ball carrier, shove them back 2 spaces into the end zone, and then tackle them for a sack and safety.

Yolda wrote:
anyway, he's a beast

Truthcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.