Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a geeklist to assemble a list of the most popular house rules or variants that users implement in their games. Hoping to get some input.

Feel free to elaborate as to why they enhance the game.

House Rules: List 'em and Link 'em
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that not what the file-sections and forums of the individual games are for? I fear your list will get way too big very soon if taken seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A house rule is a rule for a game where when played at a person's house their rules apply.

A variant is a rule that has been added or changed and shared by people everywhere who play that game.

Are either of these correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply looking for people to share their favorites that they feel enhances the game.

Linking is just for ease of posters wanting to do a quick check of it. Not looking to be an all inclusive database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stormchaser wrote:
Simply looking for people to share their favorites that they feel enhances the game.

In a way, I think you might be looking for "most popular" items. Your list might simply result in a bunch of one-time entries with thin following, thus not really re-directing readers any better that the aforementioned specific game pages themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest asking people to say why the variant improves the game. If someone can explain how their variant improves the game then I can decide whether that's something I think will improve the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
I'd suggest asking people to say why the variant improves the game. If someone can explain how their variant improves the game then I can decide whether that's something I think will improve the game.

True. I just assumed people would do this automatically when they posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.