Perry Pender
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I was wondering if any one had tried to change the VASSAL extension color of the German army as it is to my eyes at least very very bright and garish, I was wondering if there was an easy way to change it to a more mute color such as mid/light grey.

any help will be appreciated (oh and it needs to be idiot proof as I am new to this changing of core programs etc).

Perry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about editing images? Changing extensions on files?
Mod files are zip files and the counters are images in the zip file so change mod to zip. Unzip. Edit images. Rezip. Change back to mod extension
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Pender
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, but that has lost me, I have got the extension file, but can not access it to edit? so I am at a bit of a loss on how to proceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make a copy of it for safe keeping and then change the extension of the file to zip. Then extract the files and then you should see the images you want to change. Then compress the folder and rename the zip file back to the original extension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Pender
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I see what you mean now, will give that a bash when I get in from work.

many thanks

Perry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.