David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed in the revision, Rageborne no longer starts with a fury token. Is this intentional, or is it a misprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it is intentional, as rageborne on advanced can be pretty challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
I would say it is intentional, as rageborne on advanced can be pretty challenging.

Isn't advanced difficulty supposed to be "pretty challenging"? I don't really see a nerf being necessary at all for difficulty reasons. Ultimately it's a pretty insubstantial change, the only thing it really does is remove an easily-forgotten step from the setup process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:

Really? I found him decent only ^^
He becomes intense if you couple that with Extinction.

Looks more like an oversight to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prince of gluttons also has a problem. Their increased difficulty is wrong in the second edition.

Seems if you are gonna insist on not updating something in a reprint you should really make sure there arent typos. How did they not just use the same files?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Wayward One has an intentional change, the definition of misaligned spells was broadened to refer to any spell that isn't aligned rather than any prepped spell that isn't aligned, so it's not a matter of just using the same files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meaningless, the elements that did not change so should not have new errors introduced.

Regardless, I'm hoping someone official like can comment on if these are typos. And since its IBC, for someone to tell us it doesn't affect gameplay and to go fly a kite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
Meaningless, the elements that did not change so should not have new errors introduced.

Regardless, I'm hoping someone official like can comment on if these are typos. And since its IBC, for someone to tell us it doesn't affect gameplay and to go fly a kite.

IBC won't answer you but Travis, Nick or Kevin may and they won't tell you to go fly a kite. They're not in position to provide a replacement but at least they'll say what happened.
Although I'm surprised they didn't manifest themselves yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razoupaf wrote:
Lakoda wrote:

IBC won't answer you but Travis, Nick or Kevin may and they won't tell you to go fly a kite. They're not in position to provide a replacement but at least they'll say what happened.
Although I'm surprised they didn't manifest themselves yet.

Agreed, but one's the designer and the other two I still think of as belonging to Action Phase - great people. I've just had issue after issue with IBC so don't let me b******g taint the thread.

I'm not surprised, they are on War Eternal's board. I've been toying with the idea of reposting this there, to get their attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah they're subbed to all expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I sold off my 1st edition KS pledge to pay for the 2nd edition. Does anyone have to original that wouldn't mind taking pictures (front and back) so I can do a comparison of the nemesis and mage mats? Probably best to do it via geekmail if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rageborne and PoG nerfs were unintentional. An old file was grabbed and it wasn't noticed. A few teaks were made on some of the mats, but it was mostly just clarification on some questions that came up.

I apologize for the mistakes. There were about a million things to proof since we submitted the files for everything at once, and these two things slipped by me. Hopefully, there aren't too many more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do better. GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks Razoupaf. I'll do a comparison when I get home from work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nicklittle wrote:
The Rageborne and PoG nerfs were unintentional. An old file was grabbed and it wasn't noticed. A few teaks were made on some of the mats, but it was mostly just clarification on some questions that came up.

I apologize for the mistakes. There were about a million things to proof since we submitted the files for everything at once, and these two things slipped by me. Hopefully, there aren't too many more.

With all the text in the game, some errors are bound to happen. We will deal. But, best to probably start some sort of official errata or faq. Thanks, Nick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
*ninja'd ninja

nicklittle wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation Nick. Any chance for a errata down the road to help keep track of these and any others we find?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
Thanks Razoupaf. I'll do a comparison when I get home from work.

It's the least I could do to repay you for the ITTD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm just glad they went to someone who appreciates them and who is active here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
nicklittle wrote:

At least we know for certain now. I'm not above writing directly on my game pieces to correct them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eek! You're gonna give me a heart attack.

Ideally I'd like a pdf I could print on sticky paper with the corrected area on it, so I could cut it out and put it on and it would line up perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rabold
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I previously only ever played Aeon's End once (a friend's copy from the first Kickstarter), but recently got my stuff from backing the second. I did find it interesting while playing my new copy for the first time that the first setup tutorial sheet did tell me to put a token on Rageborne to start with, but looking at the set-up on the actual Nemesis card it didn't say any such thing. We went ahead and played with the initial token on there per the tutorial.

We did just so happen to randomly pick Prince of Gluttons to play against in our second game and I did notice that the increased difficulty rules seemed a little odd. We only played the standard difficulty so it didn't affect our game, though. I'm sure we'll get something in writing at some point and we probably won't start using any increased difficulty rules any time soon, but out of curiosity what is PoG supposed to say there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pluvia33 wrote:
I'm sure we'll get something in writing at some point and we probably won't start using any increased difficulty rules any time soon, but out of curiosity what is PoG supposed to say there?

He devours a total of 9 cards from the market but you get to choose which. I don't remember if this is in addition to devouring 1 of each gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, these are the only two gameplay related mistakes we've seen. If/when more are found they'll be posted here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27017702#27017702
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Differences I found to the 2nd edition mats:

Horde-Crone
UNLEASH typo was corrected.

Prince of Gluttons
INCREASED DIFFICULTY known error.
ADDITIONAL RULES slight wording change to last bullet.

Rageborne
SETUP known omission.

Wayward One
ADDITIONAL RULES additional detail added.

Jian
ABILITY slight wording change to parenthetical.

Nym
ABILITY slight wording change.

Off these I do not see any meaningful changes, omissions, or errors beyond the two already documented. I did not check fluff text. I'll leave it to someone else to check the nemesis and player cards.

edit- This of course, is assuming the 1st edition mats were correct to begin with, which I do believe to be the case from a sickening number of plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe there were any mistakes on the nemesis mats the first time around. As you mentioned, we just added/changed some text for clarification in various places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.