Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played again last night and have so many questions that I may have to quit my day job. Anyhow...

Question 1 I was attacked by many monsters and got to a point where I was completely surrounded. Another monster, 1 tile away, was then supposed to move adjacent to me and attack. Problem is, there were no more adjacent spots left. It was indeed 1 tile away so it should have been able to attack, I believe. Answers?

Question 2 Can you move through monsters? I know you can move through heroes and can't land on a monster space, but can you move through them? Again, I was at a point with ton's o' monsters and wanted to advance but couldn't (presumably) because I was blocked by monster hordes. Answers!?

Question 3 I had to handle the pit tile and rolling boulder. There are so many questions about these. I have perused the forums and figured out how I plan on using them, as they are confusing. Lucky for me I didn't fall in the pit and then ran away from it. Cool. The boulder is weird because it follows you around. It's a real stinker. Answers? None really needed.

Question 4 I'm assuming the solo adventure is hard. I was the elf paladin (not the best choice I know, but the high AC was real helpful). I had a ton of monsters attacking me, plus the end guy is mega tough, and tons of encounters. I don't see how it is feasible. Sadly enough, I believe the best strategy is just to sprint through till the end. I want to kill monsters! Answers.

Question 5 If you kill a legion devil, do you get a treasure card? I'm assuming you do, but I ask because you don't discard the monster card till all 3 are dead. So even if you have 1 or 2 legion devils still alive, you get to take a treasure card? Answers...?

Question 6 How many surge tokens for the solo adventure? I started with 2, but got crushed so bad I used like 5 or 6 till I gave up. Wanted to see if I could beat it, but nah.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 7
if the anwser to question 2 was no, can you move from A to B if X were monsters ?
AX
XB

I know that it is not possible to move from A to B if X were walls.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scozar52 wrote:
Question 1 I was attacked by many monsters and got to a point where I was completely surrounded. Another monster, 1 tile away, was then supposed to move adjacent to me and attack. Problem is, there were no more adjacent spots left. It was indeed 1 tile away so it should have been able to attack, I believe. Answers?


I don't think the rules are clear on this. It doesn't seem to happen very often, so perhaps they didn't think it would come up. We play that if it needs to move adjacent to you to attack, it can't. If it moves to your tile and attacks, the implication is that it doesn't need to be adjacent to you to attack, so it does.

Quote:
Question 2 Can you move through monsters?


No.
Also no to Question 7, I think, but I don't have the rules in front of me.

Quote:
Question 4 I'm assuming the solo adventure is hard. I was the elf paladin (not the best choice I know, but the high AC was real helpful). I had a ton of monsters attacking me, plus the end guy is mega tough, and tons of encounters. I don't see how it is feasible. Sadly enough, I believe the best strategy is just to sprint through till the end. I want to kill monsters! Answers.


It depends on the monsters you draw. Some you need out of the way, some you can run from if you don't need the experience/treasure. By the end of our games, we've often got several monsters trailing us through the dungeon in an orderly queue because they weren't fast or dangerous for us to bother about. You'll get a feel for it as you play.

Quote:
Question 5 If you kill a legion devil, do you get a treasure card? I'm assuming you do, but I ask because you don't discard the monster card till all 3 are dead. So even if you have 1 or 2 legion devils still alive, you get to take a treasure card? Answers...?


Again I'm not sure the rules are unambiguous on this, but I'd say yes (but no more than one treasure card per turn, as usual.)

Quote:
Question 6 How many surge tokens for the solo adventure? I started with 2, but got crushed so bad I used like 5 or 6 till I gave up. Wanted to see if I could beat it, but nah.


We always play with 3, no matter the party size. I think 2 is the official default and 3 is officially "easy mode" but it's a hard enough game. If you're burning through 5 or 6, you probably need to change your strategy in a way that could get you through with 2 or 3 anyway.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scozar52 wrote:
I played again last night and have so many questions that I may have to quit my day job.
Never quit your day job!

Scozar52 wrote:
Question 1
If there's no room for a monster to get adjacent to you then consensus seems to be that you just ignore that entry (it can't be fulfilled) and move down to the next one. Usually the monster either has a range attack or moves closer to try again next turn.

Scozar52 wrote:
Question 2 Can you move through monsters?
Rulebook p.7 "You can’t move your Hero into a square occupied by a
Monster."

Scozar52 wrote:
Question 3 It's a real stinker.
It really is!

Scozar52 wrote:
Question 4 I believe the best strategy is just to sprint through till the end. I want to kill monsters!
All adventures are tough. Some are tougher than others. The intro one shouldn't be THAT hard though. However, yes, the hidden goal to the game is to get out as many dungeon tiles as fast as you can to trigger the end game and "win". If what you want is to kill monsters than you will have to modify the rules a bit so that the encounters aren't nearly as punishing. Maybe only drawn an Encounter card when laying out a black triangle?

Scozar52 wrote:
Question 5 If you kill a legion devil, do you get a treasure card?
Pretty sure you do. You kill at least one monster in your turn, you get a treasure. You just don't get the *experience* until you've offed 'em all.

Scozar52 wrote:
Question 6 How many surge tokens for the solo adventure?
Two is for a standard game. Five is when you want to get through it and not worry about losing so harshly. Sometimes I'll play with 5 just to see how many it actually takes.

MVashM wrote:
Question 7: Can you move from A to B if X were monsters?
I'm pretty sure that as long as you aren't entering the squares then you're probably okay. Draw two 5' squares on the ground. Have two friends stand in the middle of them and try to run between them. Your friends aren't allowed to move from the middle of the squares. Shouldn't be a problem to get by. 5' is a BIG distance!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
MVashM wrote:
Question 7: Can you move from A to B if X were monsters?
I'm pretty sure that as long as you aren't entering the squares then you're probably okay. Draw two 5' squares on the ground. Have two friends stand in the middle of them and try to run between them. Your friends aren't allowed to move from the middle of the squares. Shouldn't be a problem to get by. 5' is a BIG distance!


Now try it with people who are trying to kill you...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robinjohnson wrote:
Now try it with people who are trying to kill you...
It's not their turn. It's YOUR turn. They have to sit there and wait for you to finish moving.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
robinjohnson wrote:
Now try it with people who are trying to kill you...
It's not their turn. It's YOUR turn. They have to sit there and wait for you to finish moving.


Yes but you get his point..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking strictly at the rules, it appears that you can move between monsters per Question 7. You can't move into a square with a monster, but you can move diagonal. Since you're not moving into a monster square, and you can move diagonal, I feel that you can definitely move between monsters.

It's the same as moving diagonal around the wall, seems weird, but totally feasible.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.