Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished painting Abominatroll (Troll) and Ablobination (Blob), so I added them to our game last night. As we played we ran into a few questions and I want to confirm that we did it right.

Q1: Normal abomination is on the board, along with Troll and Blob; if we draw the normal abomination spawn card, does it activate all three or just the normal? (we played as all abominations activates)

Q1.a: Scenario above, except Blob is not there on the board when we draw the normal abomination spawn card. Does the card activate the normal and Troll or does Blob come in? (didn't actual run into this, but I got confused when I read another post this morning while trying to search for the answer)

Q2: Troll and Blob are on the board and we draw another Troll spawn card. Since that's a specific abomination card, only Troll activates, right?

Q3: Troll is on the board. During his activation, he moved into a square where he has LoS to survivor. Since he didn't have LoS at activation, he stopped. Now we draw another Troll card during spawning phase, Troll activates again, he now has 3 actions since he activates with LoS, right?

Q4: (this one is theoretical from reading posts this morning) Blob is on the board. He's next to a Survivor, but has LoS to 4 Survivors 3 spaces away. Does he attack or does he move to the LOS with highest noise? (since abomination does not split)

The new abomination were a lot of fun, but certainly put the extra pressure on us. We were lucky in that we found 2 sets of torches and biles. But I can easily see the quest failing if we drew some bad cards. And getting trapped between 2 abominations really suck (luckily, one of the was only a normal abomination)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
kal91a wrote:

Q1: Normal abomination is on the board, along with Troll and Blob; if we draw the normal abomination spawn card, does it activate all three or just the normal? (we played as all abominations activates)

Each abo works as a different type of zombie. In this case, just normal abo gets an extra activation if you don't have an extra mini of normal aboomination.

kal91a wrote:

Q1.a: Scenario above, except Blob is not there on the board when we draw the normal abomination spawn card. Does the card activate the normal and Troll or does Blob come in? (didn't actual run into this, but I got confused when I read another post this morning while trying to search for the answer)

Same as previous, just extra activation for normal abomination.

kal91a wrote:

Q2: Troll and Blob are on the board and we draw another Troll spawn card. Since that's a specific abomination card, only Troll activates, right?

That's right. If you have an extra mini for a Troll you can place it instead of the extra activation.

kal91a wrote:

Q3: Troll is on the board. During his activation, he moved into a square where he has LoS to survivor. Since he didn't have LoS at activation, he stopped. Now we draw another Troll card during spawning phase, Troll activates again, he now has 3 actions since he activates with LoS, right?

Right

kal91a wrote:

Q4: (this one is theoretical from reading posts this morning) Blob is on the board. He's next to a Survivor, but has LoS to 4 Survivors 3 spaces away. Does he attack or does he move to the LOS with highest noise? (since abomination does not split)

All zombies take action having in mind this priority: Attack > Move. If it can attack, it attacks. With Blob, even if it's not in his zone, if there's a survivor in the adjacent zone, it attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer Antonio. So we were making it more difficult than necessary for ourselves.

Now a different question, how do you stop your Abominatroll from eating all those fat zombies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAGS Crow wrote:
All zombies take action having in mind this priority: Attack > Move. If it can attack, it attacks. With Blob, even if it's not in his zone, if there's a survivor in the adjacent zone, it attacks.

And necromancers? If both a survivor and necromancer are on the exit zone, will the necromancer attack or exit upon activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
JAGS Crow wrote:

And necromancers? If both a survivor and necromancer are on the exit zone, will the necromancer attack or exit upon activation?

According to the rules as written, he escapes, even though he would attack rather than move if it is not an exit zone for the Necromancer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.