United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently counting the money in my daughter's piggy bank to see if I can afford the whole lot. I know the base EVERYTHING pledge in 2015 was $100 + $46 for the three add-on expansions. So with 2 new expansions, should I expect about $180 + shipping?

Guesses and misinformation appreciated cause I'm just being impatient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:
I'm currently counting the money in my daughter's piggy bank to see if I can afford the whole lot. I know the base EVERYTHING pledge in 2015 was $100 + $46 for the three add-on expansions. So with 2 new expansions, should I expect about $180 + shipping?

The first Kickstarter was in Euros: €100 + €45 (figure around $120 + $55 or around $175).
My guesstimate would be the all-in for the 2nd kickstarter would be $220-250.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually:
89€ for base game + 3 curse expansions
41€ (= 17€ + 17€ + 7€) for 3 additional expansions
Total 130€

No clue as for KS2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The trick is to be in the Kingdom Death: Monster mindset. Every price they will throw at you will appear as an end of season sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is entirely possible they realize the game costs more to produce than it did 2 years ago. And up the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they told/wrote somewhere that prices for items from the first KS will be the same. (But please don't shoot the messenger if I'm wrong here. )
Would be great at least when they do. cool

New will be an errata card set. Apart from that, they told that while making the final version in the past years, new ideas popped up.
Those new ideas led to new KS2 items, but I have no idea what those will be. Be it new curse expansions, smaller or larger card packs? Only one way to find out...
wait for the KS2!

(I know I am... whistle)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fullmoon wrote:
new ideas popped up.

Now why the heck did my mind read pooped up here is beyond me snoresnoresnoresnore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fullmoon wrote:
I believe they told/wrote somewhere that prices for items from the first KS will be the same. (But please don't shoot the messenger if I'm wrong here. )

I can't find a quote for this, but I thought prices would be slightly higher. Maybe I'm just getting confused with the 2nd Gloomhaven campaign though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's bound to be higher. The price of paper and cardboard has gone up the last two years. The price of shipping too potentially. Plus there will be many more backers than the first time around, that's got to count for something too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, can't find a direct source but people on the French 7C forums are talking about a 10%-20% increase. Sounds about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, too rich for my blood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:

You certainly don't need to go "All In" to get value out of the game. Last KS I went with the Adventurer Pledge which was 89 Euro and included 3 expansions and all KS Exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cmmayo wrote:
I'm currently counting the money in my daughter's piggy bank to see if I can afford the whole lot.

MONSTER!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My cost in the first KS (Explorer + add-on expansions) was ~$150 after shipping, and I think they underestimated the cost. I expect some new content (maybe $50 worth) and a higher price for the old stuff so my guess is around $250 for a US order after shipping (and that is not including non-gameplay add-ons like the notebook or dice). In fact based on the hype and how they went over budget designing the game, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if the old content was offered at or close to the original price so definitely don't go in expecting that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends how deep the new content will be.

From the announcement (float over the continent in a balloon and explore the depths), it seems that the game can likely double in size, with all the ensuing costs.

I'd also expect at least three new curses, and at least one of these being as big as VG.

Along with this, probably some catch-all pledge for whoever missed out on first ks (they basically announced that, by saying that the game print runs will always be sized with ks pledges).

I wouldn't bother too much with early birds, given the old ks ones. There is still the chance that, learning from previous ks to estimate costs better, they can squeeze a better discount on early birds, but with second print runs it is usually true the opposite.

Edit: fixed autocorrect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I hope they don't do early birds. KDM's "early birds" were the only actually interesting ones and damn were they punishing if you managed to miss them. Which was a feat in itself given Poots really wanted to discount the game ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's make a bet.

I bet that EVERYTHING (expansions, notepad, dice etc) will reach €230 (without shipping costs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I hope for newcomers that it does not. That'd be quite the investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:
Dna_Boy wrote:

You certainly don't need to go "All In" to get value out of the game. Last KS I went with the Adventurer Pledge which was 89 Euro and included 3 expansions and all KS Exclusives.

Also don't forget that the base game with just the base 4 curses was 59€. That's comparable with the price of T.I.M.E Stories (Asylum + one expansion) and offers a much longer experience. Perfectly possible to get just the base box and then decide whether you want to get the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.